Fourier Audio is revolutionising the way audiences experience audio by reinventing the tools used by designers to shape sound for live productions. We’re making products that rip up the rulebook of live audio processing - allowing sound engineers and designers to work in dramatically more creative ways.
We’re an early-stage startup, looking for seriously excellent engineers driven by a desire to build seriously excellent products. We’re hiring engineers with an eye for detail, who relish the challenge of a wide remit with scope to innovate. We believe in “freedom & responsibility”; working with excellent people and letting them be excellent.
- Take a lead role in delivering our vision, working closely with our CTO in our small but ambitious engineering team (currently of 2!) to develop real-time audio products bringing powerful, rock-solid audio processing capabilities to the biggest live events.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the live sound domain and design innovative, elegant solutions for our users’ creative and technical workflows.
- Work both on our real-time audio processing engine (Rust) and on our multi-platform UI (Typescript + Electron + React).
- Become a very early member of our R&D team, shaping the future of the company.
You’re likely a good fit if you have:
- A strong understanding of designing and building high-performance software.
- Experience (of any kind) writing software close to the hardware (anything from assembly to Rust, C++ or beyond).
- Experience (of any kind) creating beautiful and effective human-interfaces.
- Excellent communication skills; equally comfortable leading, collaborating, or charting your own course.
- A passion for high-quality, reliable software and high professional engineering standards.
- A passion for music, audio, or the entertainment industry.
- Candour, empathy, integrity, curiosity and pragmatism.
- The ability to challenge your peers, and to be challenged by them, regularly.
We’d particularly love it if:
- You are proficient in Rust, TypeScript, or ChucK.
- You have experience with React, Electron, or Node.js.
- You have experience building soft- or hard-real-time software systems.
- You have experience developing networked or redundant embedded systems.
- You have experience in DSP or acoustics.
- You have experience with VST3, PACE Anti-Piracy tools, or LLVM internals.
- You have experience with Linux PREEMPT_RT.
- You have experience in WebGL/OpenCL/CUDA.
- You have experience with cloud-based CI tools.
- You have experience with internet production systems.
(although it’s ok if you don’t have these!)
we can offer
a job you actually want
- We care deeply about the quality of our engineering; great tools + great engineers + great design produces outstanding products. We don’t have any terrible legacy systems you have to maintain and we don’t intend on building any.
- A “Freedom & Responsibility” company culture. We treat each other as adults with excellent opinions.
- There is no red tape. Get stuff done.
- We’re (currently) a small team; were currently hiring for employees #4-6 (2 of 3 founders are full-time). You’ll have significant say in how things roll, in both our products and the company, as we grow.
- We work remotely by default, but do actually like each other so meet up frequently.
- Work remotely (UK only due to funding restrictions, sorry!), or from our office in Ealing, or a combination of both. Whatever suits you.
- Flexible hours; we’re approximately M-F 10-6 UTC, but whatever works as a team is fine.
- £60k + 0.6% early employee equity (recent £1m pre-seed valuation).
- This salary reflects our current funding status (pre-seed) and will be reviewed when we close future funding. Everyone on the team is currently paid equally.
- The equity option has nice terms, meaning you pay minimal tax if/when you sell it for lots of money in the future.
other nice things
- No cap on annual leave. Take time off when you need it, just co-ordinate with the team.
- Whatever hardware/software you require to do your best work.
- Free books.
- Private healthcare.
- Potential for site visits to major West End / Broadway venues.
- An LGBT+ inclusive environment.
To apply, please read our application process; we respond to all applications.
We believe strongly that diversity of backgrounds and experiences in our team makes us stronger, both as a company, and as people. We strongly encourage those under-represented in tech or the entertainment technology industry to apply, including women, non-binary people, people from ethnic minorities, LGBT+ people, disabled people, and neurodivergent people. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application process, please let us know.
We can’t wait to hear from you :)
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.