Splice’s SEO Manager will lead the strategy and execution of scaling our in-house SEO efforts, increasing high-intent organic traffic to the site, and building out an internal XFN team.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive and enhance Splice’s current SEO strategy, including refining and expanding keyword targets, restructuring our sitemap and internal link structure, and creating a clear roadmap for editorial and outreach to grow our high-intent organic traffic.
- Collaborate closely with Editorial to build an engine that consistently outputs SEO-focused content, including on our blog.
- Build out and execute an internal linking and backlink strategy to increase Domain Authority, search rankings, and compete organically with the top brands in the music production industry.
- Develop a system for continuous technical SEO audits, ensuring we improve site performance and swiftly resolve any impending issues.
- Create a robust testing environment to optimize search behavior site-wide: everything from CTR, to Time on Page, to Bounce Rate, to CVR.
- Work with the Analytics team to develop and maintain a world-class SEO analytics stack that covers everything from traffic, rankings, crawl reports, competitive analysis, and revenue so we always know how we’re performing and where opportunities lie. Own recommendations and data-driven decision-making.
- Build an internal XFN SEO function of marketers, product managers, and engineers to help tactically execute on strategy and scale high-intent organic traffic.
- Establish Splice as a leader in SEO in the music production industry.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with SEO and an expert level understanding of all core tenets (technical, content creation, keyword research, link building, and content performance).
- Proven track record of scaling a brand’s organic traffic and directly tying that traffic back to growth.
- Ability to measure all aspects of SEO performance, and turn data insights into actionable next steps.
- Ability to partner well with others--knowing where to go for help and how to get the most out of working with others.
- Proactive and ability to sense trends and opportunities and act on them swiftly.
In accordance with New York law, the salary range for this role if filled within New York is $130,000 - $160,000.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.