We are looking for a Manager (f/m/d) Streaming to join our Recordings team in Berlin.
As a key member of the streaming team you will develop, manage, and drive the streaming strategy and performance in the GSA region in order to maximize sales and streaming revenues for both catalogue and frontline releases. Your main tasks are split into 3 working fields:
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with all digital partners in GSA e.g. Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Deezer & YouTube.
- You will work closely with our internal teams e.g. A&R, Product Managers/Marketing, Catalogue and Supply Chain.
- As a key member of the global streaming team, you will work with your global peers to constantly refine and implement BMG’s global digital strategy.
Sales and Marketing
- You will work closely with the German product managers to set up and create new frontline and catalogue release strategies.
- You will be responsible for developing and compiling sales tools such as newsletters and pitch decks to communicate new release information and marketing updates to trade and sales partners.
- You will plan and pitch retail campaigns and partnerships to streaming platforms and control their execution.
Data Analysis, Reporting and Administration
- You will be responsible for regular sales and streaming reporting for internal as well as artist teams.
- You will derive suitable recommendations from the monitoring and analysis of the sales performance of our repertoire.
- You will maintain the overview over release dates, timelines, assets and campaign information.
- You have successfully completed a professional education in the fields of marketing or music & creative industries and work experience in one of the following areas: recorded music, artist management, digital marketing.
- You have a broad repertoire knowledge as well as a good understanding of different subcultures.
- You are creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented and resourceful.
- You can execute opportunities as they arise together with the rest of our team, even under tight deadlines.
- You are very tech savvy and feel comfortable using a range of tools to analyze data.
- You can manage to stay in sync with the rest of the team by being an excellent pro-active communicator.
- You are fluent in German and English.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values
- A 21st century working environment, collaborative and flexible
- Benefits like a bright and newly renovated office in the heart of Berlin, a BVG jobticket, a Headspace membership, work from home regulations and many more
- A commitment to help team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for working for artists and songwriters
What you should know about us
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
(BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.)
Are you interested? Then send us your application and all the convincing arguments why you are the right person to get this job.
Please feel free to apply in either German or English.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.