Columbia Records is a premier frontline label of Sony Music Entertainment. Its roster features some of the most famous names in music history alongside some of the finest cutting-edge artists in the world today such as Calvin Harris, Rosalía and Koffee.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will deliver marketing and digital strategy, planning and execution including social growth and campaigns, content and community engagement, and digital advertising for domestic and international (priority artists).
You will be responsible for planning, executing, and analyzing best in class digital marketing campaigns, in line with commercial objectives and approved M&P budget. The role will integrate seamlessly with the wider marketing team as well as core business functions across Sony Music UK & International. Responsible for working closely with social agencies / artist management to drive audience growth & engagement, content strategy, advertising and innovation into all plans and will be able to deliver in all these areas with analytical and creative thinking.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement individual strategy across artist’s key platforms ensuring a consistently engaging audience experience.
- build artist content plans to engage audiences and work directly with uk artists on best practices and uses of social across, TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Youtube community/shorts, CRM and websites.
- Use in-house analytics tools to monitor performance, creating meaningful reports that can inform key stakeholders and the wider label.
- Amplify all elements of the wider campaign (marketing, promo, etc.) and maximize existing content.
- Capture and create unique and engaging content, working independently and in-house and external agency teams (gifs, short-form content, cut downs)
- Responsible for updating the label on social updates and content timelines
- Be reactive - monitor topics, news, emerging trends, and new tech and incorporate them into campaigns.
- Work with central CRM team on mailers and competitions.
- Develop relationship with social partners for support.
- Responsible for youtube optimisations (thumbnails, keywords, descriptions, retail links).
- Responsible for label socials – content and look/feel
- Collating, collecting stats and compiling marketing updates, having an understanding of the chart, digital partners & streaming as well as generating streaming reports.
- Work with marketing, digital creative & creative teams to direct act’s online visuals and assets, including videos.
Who you are:
- You will already have experience in building and executing audience-led social strategies based on audience insight for a music, media or entertainment brand.
- You will need excellent project management skills, be able to prioritise and manage a varied roster of artists (both domestic and international)
- You are completely immersed in internet culture and aware of current TikTok, meme and other trends and also emerging platforms and technology
- You are comfortable driving idea generation
- Creative thinking with the ability to share ideas, vision and plans with clarity to multiple stakeholders
- You are able to pitch and clearly communicate ideas internally and to external partners
- You will already have examples of working to tight deadlines and working calm under pressure
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An excellent range of benefits, like private medical cover, a generous pension scheme, life assurance and income protection, plus loads of music biz perks
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter break
Please note, our office is moving to King's Cross in May/June 2022.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.
Please note that applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.