As a Indie Label Relations Manager, you will be responsible for providing ongoing relationship management to YouTube's key independent US label partners, with a focus on supporting labels and artists with promotional opportunities to help build their success. You will interact regularly with counterparts at labels and also collaborate closely with internal teams.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with label contacts to receive information about new music releases.
- Oversee, filter and prioritize music releases, centralizing and communicating information to internal stakeholders whose programs and products are promoting artists.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams on promotional opportunities.
- Facilitate label interaction with other internal teams (e.g., Marketing, Artist Relations, Programming).
- Partner with internal label business owners to ensure strategic approach to holistic relationships.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in the music industry.
- Experience in a partner-facing, A&R, or radio promotion role at a label, artist management and/or digital music company.
- Developed network of relationships with independent labels and/or artists.
- Knowledge of music industry trends across all genres.
- Ability to take initiative and build productive relationships externally and internally.
- Developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective organizational, leadership and analytical skills.