In this role, you’ll join our expanding Finance & Accounting team as a Senior Staff Accountant. Calling on your hands-on accrual based technical accounting experience, you’ll be on the front lines of helping Splice grow and reach our mission of empowering artists. You will use your deep understanding of the balance sheet, income statement, and US GAAP to provide thoughtful analysis and apply proper accounting treatments. You will get exposure to all aspects of accounting, big and small.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What You’ll Do:
- Work alongside the company controller and accounting manager to assist in all aspects of the company accounting, including but not limited to bank reconciliations, revenue recognition, fixed assets, asset capitalization and amortization, accounts payable, corporate credit cards, employee expense reporting, departmental financial reporting and other general accounting activities and projects, as they arise
- Participate in month-end close procedures, including the preparation of reconciliations and schedules required to support the internal and external reporting process, as well as external auditors
- Review contracts and assist with purchase orders
- Assist in royalties accounting
- Establish and maintain a world-class documentation and record keeping process; assist with periodic audit, diligence and other documentation requests.
- Become a trusted business partner to other Splice departments, including the Production, Content, Engineering, People Ops and Marketing teams
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 5 years progressive and relevant experience
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Strong understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Must have strong working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, sorting, v-lookups)
- A demonstrated history of success in developing process and achieving project/task deadlines
- A propensity toward autonomy and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented with exceptional analytical and accounting skills
- Experience working with remote personnel
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
Nice to haves:
- Public accounting experience a strong plus
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
- Experience with Tipalti or similar AP automation platforms preferred
In accordance with New York law, the salary range for this role if filled within New York is $80,000.00 - $110,000.00
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.