Role: Operations Manager
Reports into: Head of Operations (Entertainment)
Location: Canada Water, London
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent (42.5 hours per week)
Who we are:
Broadwick Live is a multifaceted international company with headquarters in London who create, develop, own and operate a diverse portfolio of venues, spaces, events and experiences.
We believe in redefining spaces and how people experience music, art, culture and recreation by breaking down the traditional barriers. Our history and heritage is deeply rooted in music, building a portfolio of 20 global festivals before selling the portfolio in 2019 to focus on our growing portfolio of venues that includes Printworks London, Depot Mayfield Manchester, Drumsheds London, Exhibition London and Magazine London.
Collectively we strive to push boundaries and disrupt the cultural landscape by combining big thinking, bold ideas and commercial intelligence to produce spaces and experiences for discerning audiences in inspiring locations.
The Broadwick Live’s operations team are passionate forward thinkers and innovators who like to reimagine the concept of how spaces activate, helping deliver world class experiences to millions of guests each year..
What we’re looking for:
There is a very exciting opportunity for an ambitious Operations Manager to join Broadwick Live's Entertainment team and play a pivotal role in the activation of our new projects. This person will be working alongside our entertainment operations team by focusing on activation, planning and delivery across varying exciting new projects upcoming. Reporting to the Head Of Operations, you will have the scope to work across all aspects of the events.
You will play a key role in the successful delivery of these events that vary from indoor to outdoor from a 5,000 capacity to 20,000 capacity.
To be successful, you will have excellent previous demonstrable experience in a similar role within the entertainment industry, with a good understanding of live and electronic music events. You will have a natural passion for customer service combined with strong operational acumen and excellent team leadership skills. You will be extremely organised, with a real ability to get things done, and a strong determination and understanding of how to drive the business forward.
We’re looking for a strong communicator who’s flexible and willing to get stuck in. The role will combine a mix of office and site-based working. During show days, this will be a very hands-on role, and you will be a key member on site helping to lead the build, break and overall delivery of show operations for each event.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Innovation; utilising the wider team within the business and teams externally to reimagine how we activate spaces, projects and events.
- Event Design; assisting with all aspects of operational planning for show day operations at the venue or site. Project managing timelines on upcoming events and tasks to successfully deliver world class events.
- Delivering Policy; project managing with the Head Of Operations overarching operational plans and policies such as Event Safety Management Plans, Counter Terror Assessment, Crowd Management & Crisis Management.
- Event Collaboration; being the key contact for all incoming partners on our events that are activating within our spaces and ensuring all aspects of the event have been considered and actioned effectively to ensure all the needs are met.
- Suppliers Relationship Management; Being a key contact for the event producers and suppliers from procurement to delivery on-site. This may vary from security, traffic management, medics, health and safety, cleaners, bars, food traders, stewards and ticketing.
- Budgeting Management & Negotiation; assisting on the budget creation working with event producers, suppliers and the internal finance team and stakeholders to fully cost up a project.
- Risk Management; working alongside the Head of Operations to analyse risk & threat assessments on all aspects of the events.
- Event Production; assisting & leading with the management of show day operations on both event and non-event days.
- Oversight of Event Safety; working with the Health and Safety Advisor in both pre-planning and on-site delivery.
- Sponsorship; Assisting the brand sponsorship team to ensure wider partners and clients needs are met
- Project Scheduling; Establishing production schedules for projects and communicating effectively to all relevant parties – ensuring all information is up to date.
- Supporting the team; assisting to develop and deliver the event specific strategic operational plans including freelancer engagement and casual recruitment
- Implementation of process; new processes and procedures that aid innovation, forward thinking world class space and event creation with a focus on growth and financial efficiencies.
You’ll need to have:
- Strong leadership & management skills; the ability to lead a team and make decisions whilst under pressure is key to this role.
- Experience of maintaining Health and Safety.
- Exceptional organisational skills; you’ll need to have an exceptional eye for detail and accuracy.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately, with excellent prioritisation skills in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to stay cool, calm and collected in stressful situations.
- Excellent time management and punctuality.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Excellent radio etiquette.
- Excellent IT skills; a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive & Slack. Previous experience working with Monday.com would be advantageous.
- Willingness to work on-site for long periods of time and flexibility with working hours.
- To be self-motivated; the ability to push on and get the job completed to the best of your ability.
Nice to haves:
- A personal licence would be advantageous but not necessary to be successful.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.