EVENT MARKETING COORDINATOR
Elsewhere and PopGun Presents
456 Johnson Ave #204 Brooklyn, NY 11237 INFO@POPGUNPRESENTS.COM
About the Companies
Elsewhere is a multi-room Brooklyn music venue and nightclub built by and for the culture-obsessed, managed by our sister promotions company PopGun Presents - an events collective with deep roots in NYC's underground music community. We are here to empower artists, celebrate the diversity of our city, widen access to visionary and uplifting culture, and experience the joy of doing it all together.
If you share our passion for music and art without boundaries, and you're looking for the challenge of your career, we want to connect with you - join us and grow with one of the best teams in independent arts, hospitality, events, and culture.
Reporting to the Event Marketing Assistant Manager and Event Marketing Director, the Marketing Coordinator's principal focus will be to coordinate and assist in executing all marketing and promotional efforts for PopGun Presents’ events, driving the success of a full calendar of music events and a consistently exceptional brand. The majority of the activity will be on behalf of PopGun Presents’ venue, Elsewhere. The candidate will be directly responsible for a wide variety of communications channels including newsletter marketing, advertising, internship class management, marketing coordination, promotions, and generally ensuring that all audience touch points adhere strictly to the venue’s creative vision.
Your day to day is…
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for carrying out the following essential functions, including, but not limited to:
- Upon starting, help refine department mechanics (systems, tools, workflows) according to experience and understanding of best practices
- Stay educated on the latest event strategies, technologies, and market trends to develop standards, systems and best practices, and conduct periodic competitive audits
- Build relationships with internal and external partners across marketing, advertising, media, sales, product and support functions to ensure a fully integrated approach
- Be an active and contributing member of the marketing team’s creative planning
- Foster and maintain community and stakeholder relations that will further the interests of the company and venue
- Take detailed minutes at each marketing related meeting and assign actionable items to members of the team.
- Advance all promotional assets and guidelines to stakeholders involved in each event at the venue.
- Manage assignment and deadline schedules for a seasonal internship class.
- Maintenance of the Marketing Department’s event support system and project management calendar.
- Prepare and publish weekly venue newsletter and special communications
- Coordinate and oversee the development of all physical and digital promotional design assets and ads
- Localize artists tour ADMATs to reflect the details of their confirmed event, and coordinate approval.
- Management of company Spotify playlists and mixes, including coordination of artist curated content.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 2-3+ years of experience in marketing, branding, and/or digital content, ideally specific to concerts or events planning
- Strong understanding of event strategy, operations, and integrated event marketing
- Ability to create program goals, messaging, communication and overall event plans
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and executing multiple events with competing priorities
- Ability to perform all job duties and responsibilities
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Exhibits strong problem solving skills in long term and immediate situations
- Advanced Communications degree
- Extensive background and network in music and events communities
- Some experience with Trello, Spotify, Slack, and Excel
- Some experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.)
- Some experience with Newsletter applications (Mailchimp)
- Some experience with HTML / CSS
You’ll love your time at Elsewhere because…
- We believe in what we do, and foster a culture of respect (for all music & people), passion, and excellence
- You will work with teammates that are the best in the culture & events business
- You will be on the cutting edge of music, enabling emerging culture to thrive
- We are building a long-term business, that can support long-term careers in our industry
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary depending on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited Vacation
These values are real and guide all of our decisions in how we operate and how we treat people. This includes our decisions to hire, reward, and fire. Every single person at Elsewhere will be held to these standards. This is how we build a great team, achieve our goals, and do so enjoyably.
- Respect for all people, music, and ideas – be open-minded. Elsewhere is no place for hatred or discrimination for any kind, as a workplace or as a venue. This standard applies to everyone, not just staff, including artists, audiences, investors, etc.
- Inclusivity: We believe that music and people should not be siloed, and that Elsewhere is best enjoyed when we are all together.
- Creativity: We support creativity on stage but we are also creative as a company. It is better to take a smart creative risk and fail than to avoid taking creative risks at all.
- Service: Go above and beyond in doing what is best for our artists and for our audiences so they can have an incredible event. You might do this every day, but for them, this event might be a very rare and special occasion.
- Excellence: We are values-driven but performance-oriented.Work smart over hard, but do the hard things when you need to instead of just what’s easy.
- Integrity: You are honest, genuine, trustworthy, and reliable. Your colleagues, our artists, our audiences, and our community can all rely on you. Admit your mistakes and strive to improve
- Communication: Your personal performance is very important, but you cannot accomplish great things alone. Great teams require great communication.
- Passion: You care intensely about music, your work, your colleagues, our artists, our audiences, and our community. Your passion drives not just you, but inspires those around you.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.