Electronics Engineer - Sequential
Based: San Francisco, CA
Term: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + excellent benefits
Sequential makes innovative electronic keyboard instruments used by performing artists on stages and recordings all over the world. Join us and help us to put these musical instruments into the hands of the world’s most talented players!
Sequential is a premium synthesizer maker and our team members have been a leading force in the popularity of analog synthesizers for decades. Our products combine innovative electronic design, embedded software, and great feeling keyboards and controls to produce musical instruments loved by the world’s leading performers and recording artists.
We design and manufacture in the San Francisco Bay Area (100% through our contract manufacturing partners) and we are seeking a talented electronics engineer to help us create new products. You’ll make sure our keyboards work great, feel great, look amazing, and can be built and shipped in volume.
- Design and invent: create complete synthesizer keyboard designs including schematic design and PCB layout for analog and digital circuits
- Create: full design and documentation
- Validate: help bring-up your new designs, validate their performance against the design goals, and make sure they sound amazing
- Collaborate: work with other design team members across the full product development cycle, especially with the product UX design team and the software team
- Continuous improvement: analyze quality and cost and look for ways to improve existing designs. Help us keep existing products up-to-date and find alternate components to keep our designs manufacturable
- Green and clean: ensure our products have the right design and documentation to achieve compliance and sustainability ratings which let us ship globally in a planet-friendly way
- Supply-chain: insure that components used in designs are available and find ways to use alternate parts when availability becomes an issue
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in mixed-signal electronics design
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering (preferred) or equivalent skills
- High speed PCB design skills. DDR3, DDR4, PCIe
- Ability to bring up prototypes and modify them
- FPGA design experience, VHDL preferred.
- Experience with Altium a plus
- Portfolio of work on projects of similar complexity showing abilities with analog and digital design
- Experience managing BOMs, ECOs, and documentation around product lifecycles
- Knowledge of the interrelation between mixed-signal electronics and mechanical design, particularly with respect to passing emissions and safety certifications
- Ability to work well under pressure, solve problems fast
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and drive to complete
- Experience with and passion for music synthesis is a big plus
Location: San Francisco Bay Area preferred.
- Sequential is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring inclusion and diversity for all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Employment at Sequential comes with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical insurance with no employee contribution, life assurance, short term and long term disability, dental, vision, 401K plan, unlimited PTO, and a staff discount on company products and merchandise.