Boiler Room started with a webcam taped to a wall, broadcasting from a warehouse in London, opening a keyhole to the city’s underground. It was DIY at it’s finest; raw uncut and homemade.
As we've grown into a global independent music platform and cultural curator, we remain true to that history. We connect club culture to the wider world - on-screen and IRL - through parties, video, radio and more.
Our mission is to showcase underground music & culture in new ways – giving a voice to under-represented communities and to share stories from the fringes of the mainstream.
Boiler Room supports & promotes underground music scenes by creating distinct event + content 'platforms' (aka ‘IPs’) that represent those scenes & the people at the heart of them.
From Low Heat - a DIY London youth music & fashion series, to System - a platform that celebrates the positive impact of migration on music & culture, to Appreciation of Lyricism - a platform that promotes the poets, rappers & spoken word artists whose rich, emotive storytelling is pushing the frontier of musical & cultural self-expression.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced & exceptional Creative to take the lead on creative development for these core IPs as we look to grow & build them out via sponsorship from brand partners.
To wit, we need someone with exceptional creative nous as well as an understanding of the processes involved when pitching to / working with brands.
These IPs are core BR properties & essential editorial initiatives. They are conceived & built by way of collaboration with the artists, DJs & performers at the heart of local music & cultural scenes around the world. Ergo we need someone who has a deep understanding of music + culture in order to make these IPs be the best version of themselves they can possibly be, as well as packaging them up into compelling & effective commercial propositions for brands to be associated with.
The successful candidate will be the creative guardian of the IPs, responsible for making sure that each IP stays true to it's core creative purpose, as well as delivering for sponsors.
In addition to the primary focus of taking the lead on creative & commercial development of these core BR IP’s, the Creative will also be expected to contribute more broadly to bigger, strategic new biz pitches - specifically in terms of developing & co-pitching creative concepts, plus for example writing treatments, scripts & abstracts. And moreover, ensuring that the creative work is produced per the vision you set out.
- Creative & commercial development of core BR IPs
- Pitching creative ideas internally and to brands
- Leading creative ideation sessions, as well as working independently to develop creative concepts
- Contributing creatively more broadly to bigger, strategic new biz pitches
- Ensuring that creative work is produced per the vision you set out, taking the lead on providing feedback & quality control
- Passion and understanding of the Boiler Room brand and vision
- Proven experience in leading the creative process from end to end
- Someone who is a creative, story teller, writer, producer, music fan and innovator
- Immersed in underground culture and will be able to speak with authority on underground music, fashion, art and film
- Able to facilitate inter-departmental collaboration - liaising with the music, marketing, film, media & commercial teams
- Leading creative ideation sessions, as well as working independently
- Ensuring the execution of creative lives up to the original vision set out
- A quality assurer; someone who can create, review and advise on the quality of creative content
- Ability to stretch and build creative concepts, editorials and branding into deliverable executions