Are you as passionate about technology as we are? Do you want to be challenged with complex business logic and work with the latest technology?
TIDAL is looking for an experienced developer to join our Royalty Reporting team in Oslo. We make extensive use of Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as Athena, EMR, Glue, DynamoDB and S3. Our team uses Java 8 including frameworks like Apache Spark for ETL and Spring Boot for the RESTful API. We constantly evaluate the latest technologies and we have the freedom to choose the right ones to solve the task.
We are currently building a new system for TIDAL’s Royalty Reporting platform and we are looking for a new developer to join the team to enhance and develop the system further.
As a developer at TIDAL you will:
- Further develop the system on our big data platform
- Develop ETL pipeline using Spark
- Build and analyze large and complex datasets
- Use notebooks for quality and analysis
- Build RESTful APIs using Spring Boot and Java
- Work closely with our current Java/ Spark developer and with our Business Intelligence team
What we are looking for in our new developer:
- You are an experienced Java developer and you are eager to work with the latest big data technologies
- You have a strong ability to understand complex business logic
- You have good knowledge of SQL
- We consider it an advantage if you also know Spark
- You need to be fluent in English since it is our company language
Who you are:
- You are a self-driven developer who enjoys working in a team
- You are analytical and you pay attention to detail in your everyday work
- You have excellent communication skills, and you are comfortable communicating with others both inside and outside your immediate team.
What we offer:
- Technology: You will work in a tech-oriented environment with a team of talented developers who are passionate about technology
- Our office: Is centrally located in Oslo. We have a subsidized canteen and a barista with great coffee in the building. Our office is within short walking distance to public transportation, cafés, parks, restaurants, and gyms.
- Diverse team: Our strength is diversity, and we are proud to say that our company represents more than 30 different nationalities
- Stay energized: We provide snacks, fruit, and food at the office
- Sharing ideas: TIDAL tech talks and Show and Tell sessions in-house
- Social: We host intimate concerts in the office and we have a summer/ Christmas party. We also have a microbrewery team that serves end- of-month beer at the office.