At TIDAL we are passionate about using the latest technology to deliver the best music experience to our users. All our development work is done in Oslo, where we have a team of highly skilled developers who work on delivering a music platform of high technical quality to our global user base.
We are looking for experienced developers to join our team. As a Java developer at TIDAL, you will have the unique opportunity to work with the newest technology on one of the most sophisticated music streaming platforms. Our technology stack currently includes AWS, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, Postgres, DynamoDB, Kinesis, and Lambda. We constantly evaluate the latest technologies and we have the freedom to choose the right ones to solve the task.
You will be part of our Backend Content Team which is responsible for serving relevant content to our users, emphasizing an advanced search functionality and a rich metadata model. We are a tight-knit team with individuals who are passionate about technology and architecture. We focus on teamwork and creativity, and ALL ideas count. You will have the possibility to imprint your craftsmanship in our product and your work will be seen by millions of users every week.
Some of the tasks you will be challenged with:
- High load and high peaks in traffic
- Work with complex content structure
- Implement new features that improve our clients
- Develop our search engine further
What we are looking for in our new developer:
- You are an experienced Java developer and you are eager to work with the latest Java technologies
- You have knowledge of and are excited about API driven development
- You have experience with microservices
- You need to be fluent in English since it is our company language
- We consider it an advantage if you have experience with search
Who you are:
- You are a self-driven and motivated developer who enjoys working in a team. Your best work is done in collaboration with your team members.
- You are comfortable communicating with others both inside and outside your immediate team
- You are positive about taking on responsibility and you think it is important to follow through to deliver results
- You are also flexible and positive about taking on new challenges in your day to day work
- Technology: You will work in a tech-oriented environment with a team of talented developers who are passionate about technology
- Our office: Is centrally located in Oslo. We have a subsidized canteen and a barista with great coffee in the building. Our office is within short walking distance to public transportation, cafés, parks, restaurants, and gyms.
- Diverse team: Our strength is diversity, and we are proud to say that our company represents more than 30 different nationalities
- Stay energized: We provide snacks, fruit, and food at the office
- Sharing ideas: TIDAL tech talks and Show and Tell sessions in-house
- Social: We host intimate concerts in the office and we have a summer/ Christmas party. We also have a microbrewery team that serves end- of-month beer at the office.