We are in search of a Data Engineer who loves to take huge chunks of data, transform it to facilitate analytics and customer understanding. In this role you will work with business teams to translate operational requirements into secure tech solutions.
Our stack currently includes AWS, Spark, Redshift, Postgres, Pentaho, Airflow and Tableau.We constantly evaluate the latest technologies and we have the freedom to choose the right ones to solve the task.
This role will become an integral part of TIDAL and will develop secure BI solutions. Those solutions will help bring to light actionable insights to improve business decisions and provide better experiences for our customers.
As a Data Engineer at TIDAL you will:
- Develop ETL jobs using Spark, Alteryx, or other ETL tools
- Serve as a liaison between the Analytics team and Integration teams to serve data in a way that fulfills analytics requirements
- Work closely with other teams such as Analytics, Finance, Product, Retention, and Growth to gather specifications and provide them with relevant prepared data
- Automate report distribution to partners in the music industry, tech integrations, and carriers
- Build tech integrations between 3rd party tracking systems and internal databases
- Respond to ad hoc data requests and troubleshoot data issues
- Maintain and enforce role based security to ensure that data is secure and only accessed by approved employees
What you need to succeed in this role:
- 4 Year Bachelor of Science with a concentration in Computer Science, Engineering, or Data Science preferred
- Experience with Python or Scala
- Experience using BI and ETL tools
- Knowledge of SQL programming and development of data warehouses
- Ability to understand complex business logic
- Knowledge of Spark is an advantage
Who you are:
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as AWS Redshift Spectrum and RDS.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You appreciate agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of partnership within teams
- You are prepared to have frequent business trips to Oslo
Does this sound like you?
Apply today and become a new Data Engineer at TIDAL.
What we offer:
Technology: You will work with the latest technology and collaborate with skilled teams
Our office: We are located in the middle of Times Square, NYC.
Visit Scandinavia: Since you will be part of our BI team in Oslo, you will have the opportunity to travel to Norway on frequent business trips.
Social: We host intimate concerts in the office and we have a Christmas party.