We are looking for developers who are excited about working with one of the most sophisticated and advanced music streaming apps on the iOS platform. You will be able to develop your skills in a variety of disciplines while collaborating with services from the biggest names in technology.
As an iOS Developer at TIDAL you will be part of a tight-knit team of individuals who are passionate about technology and creating great user experiences. We focus on teamwork and creativity, and ALL ideas count. Through your work, you will have the possibility to imprint your craftsmanship in our product and your work will be seen by millions of users every day.
You will be part of TIDALs iOS Team of skilled developers who are responsible for developing and maintaining TIDALs apps for iPhone, iPad, CarPlay and Apple TV. All our development work is done in Oslo, where we have a team of talented developers who work on delivering a music platform of high technical quality to our global user base.
As an iOS developer at TIDAL you will:
- Have a central role in facilitating the growth of TIDAL in one of the most dynamic and competitive sectors within digital music
- Shape the direction of the product through the iOS and tvOS platforms, improve current features and introduce new technologies
- Participate in discussions with international partners to define the future of streaming music
- Develop and implement new features, fix bugs, refactor, do code review, unit testing and continuous integration
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the iOS team, but also with the product team, designers, QA, and backend team
What we are looking for in our new developer:
- You have relevant higher education (BA or MA). Sufficient relevant experience might compensate for lack of higher education.
- A few years of relevant work experience is preferred, but we are also open to hiring smart graduates
- You have strong programming skills in Swift and a good understanding of Objective-C.
- You have experience with Git and pull request based development.
- You have knowledge about the latest technologies and frameworks for iOS application development and you are genuinely interested in keeping up to date with iOS design patterns and iOS app architecture.
- You need to be fluent in English as it is our company language.
We consider it an advantage if you also have:
- Knowledge of Apple's Human Interface Guidelines
- Experience with watchOS or tvOS
- Experience with XCTest frameworks and UITests
- Experience with UIAccessibility
- Experience with open-source projects
Who you are:
You are a self-driven and highly motivated app developer who enjoys working in a team. You have a product mentality and write code that is easy to understand and modify. You have an eye for details in design and like to put in the extra effort to make users love your work. You care about performance and try your utmost to avoid introducing bugs.
- Technology: You will work in a tech-oriented environment with a team of talented developers who are passionate about technology.
- Our office: Is centrally located in Oslo. We have a subsidized canteen and a barista with great coffee in the building. Our office is within short walking distance to public transportation, cafés, parks, restaurants and gyms
- Diverse team: Our strength is diversity, and we are proud to say that our team represents more than 30 different nationalities.
- Stay energised: We provide snacks, fruit and food at the office
- Sharing ideas: TIDAL tech talks and Show and Tell sessions in-house
- Social: We host intimate concerts in the office and we have a summer/ Christmas party. We also have a small beer-brewer team who serves end of month beer at the office.