We are looking for Android developers who are excited about working with one of the most sophisticated and advanced music streaming apps in the business. You will be able to develop and apply your skills in a variety of disciplines while collaborating with the biggest names in the industry.
As an Android developer at TIDAL you will be part of a tight-knit team with individuals who are passionate about technology and creating great user experiences. We focus on teamwork and creativity, and ALL ideas count. Through your work, you will have the possibility to imprint your craftsmanship in our product and your work will be seen by millions of users every day.
You will be part of TIDAL's Android team of skilled developers who are responsible for design, architecture and the performance of the app on Android phones, TV, and Auto. All our development work is done in Oslo, where we have a team of talented developers who work on delivering a music platform of high technical quality to our global user base.
As an Android developer at TIDAL you will:
- Have a central role in facilitating the growth of TIDAL in one of the most dynamic and competitive sectors within digital music
- Shape the direction of the product through the Android platform, improve current features and introduce new technologies
- Participate in discussions with international partners to define the future of streaming music
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the Android team, but also with the product team, designers, QA and backend developers
What we are looking for in our new developer:
- You have relevant higher education (BA or MA). Sufficient relevant experience might compensate for lack of higher education.
- A few years relevant work experience is preferred, but we are also open to hiring smart graduates
- You have experience with Android development, either from prior jobs or university
- You need to know Kotlin and Java
- You have knowledge of Git, RXJava, Dagger
- You have knowledge of SOLID principles, Clean Code and Clean Architecture
- You need to be fluent in English since it is our company language
Who you are:
You are a self-driven and efficient app developer who enjoys working in a team. You have a product mentality and write code that is easy to understand. You are creative, have an eye for details in design and put in the extra effort to make the users love your work. You care about performance and try your utmost to avoid introducing bugs. You are also comfortable in a fast-paced environment and don´t mind working under tight deadlines, still ensuring top-notch quality.
- Technology: You will work in a tech-oriented environment with a team of talented developers who are passionate about technology.
- Our office: Is centrally located in Oslo. We have a subsidized canteen and a barista with great coffee in the building. Our office is within short walking distance to public transportation, cafés, parks, restaurants and gyms
- Diverse team: Our strength is diversity, and we are proud to say that our team represents more than 30 different nationalities.
- Stay energised: We provide snacks, fruit and food at the office
- Sharing ideas: TIDAL tech talks and Show and Tell sessions in-house
- Social: We host intimate concerts in the office and we have a summer/ Christmas party. We also have a small beer-brewer team who serves end of month beer at the office.