About the Role:
Splice’s User Research Program Lead will be a megaphone for customer-centricity at Splice. Through user and market research, you’ll drive insights across and in support of internal teams in service of creating a better experience and narrative for music creators. This role needs a customer champion who is passionate about people, creativity, and the psychology of learning. Reporting to the Director of Product & Lifecycle Marketing, this role will be at the center of high-visibility programs as an individual contributor that will help fuel product development, marketing programs, and overall customer-mindset at Splice.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What you’ll do:
- Own research strategy and prioritization and define and develop key research questions and align a research methodology and approach to address them
- Lead research programs to produce insights around personas and customer segments, willingness to pay, and key markets.
- Work in partnership with Data Science, Product Design, Product Management, Customer Experience and Product Marketing to align research goals
- Synthesize multiple sources of complex data to form aggregate insights enabling idea finding, problem definition, and opportunity finding for a product/service
- Generate foundational insights that drive longer term strategy, not just short-term product wins
What we’re looking for:
- You’ve used qualitative and quantitative research methods and have the ability to define and optimize those research methods for each research goal
- You are familiar with and have conducted both in person and remote research methods (Ex - user interviews and surveys are methods you’ve used in the past)
- You have an ability to synthesize and share insights in a compelling way
- You want to help build a culture of research and customer-centricity at Splice
- You want to advocate for music creators and help solve their problems by enabling Splice teams to make great products
- You see ambiguity as an opportunity to seek and provide clarity
- 3-5 years in experience design, market research or other product or customer research role
- BA/BS degree in Human Behavior Field or related (Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Market Research, or related Product Design field or experience)
- Familiarity with Product-Led Growth, Design Thinking, Agile, and/or Lean UX
- Candidates should be able to speak in detail about research they’ve conducted and the impact of their outcomes
- Experience working in the music products industry and / or first-hand experience as a musician or music producer (at any skill level)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.