Winamp is a legendary media player with a story that goes back to the very beginning of digital audio in 1997. It has a vibrant and committed community of 80 million active users worldwide.
We envision the remastered Winamp to become the ultimate platform for audio enthusiasts, a universal space where fans connect to their favorite artists, podcasts, radios & more.
We continuously seek new ways of shaking the audio world through innovation and user empowerment. We believe in a universal audio player for everyone and everywhere. We're true music fanatics who know how to have fun, and so the team keeps on growing.
Want to join the adventure?
You’ll be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing and executing a strategy for the acquisition, onboarding and cross-/up-selling of music artists and audio content creators to the Winamp platform;
- Setting up three departments:
o Artist acquisition, covering direct and indirect artist acquisition and sales (e.g. with Labels), growth marketing, and social media management, worldwide;
o Artist onboarding, ensuring a lean onboarding process, facilitating artist access to all Winamp services and providing answers to their concerns in close collaboration with the User Support Service department;
o Artist cross- & up-selling, defining drivers and processes to offer the full scope of services to the Creators, also in close collaboration with User Support Service.
- Setting up a full team of dedicated professionals that will foster the growth of the Winamp artist and audio content creators community, acting as Winamp’s backbone by releasing their content on the platform.
- Observing the community and creators market to propose and discuss the next key product features with the Product team, in order to meet the market’s needs and generate new revenue sources for Winamp.
- Demonstrable experience as a team leader in a similar position, defining a large-scale acquisition strategy (up to 1-2 million artists in a 3-5 years timeframe for Winamp);
- Ability to understand the specific requirements and needs of artists and content creators across different regions of the world (Europe, North & South America);
- In-depth knowledge of the music business and personal network in the music and tech ecosystems;
- Fluent in English, any additional language being an asset;
- Experience in managing teams in different locations and willingness to travel often, mainly to other European locations.
What you can expect:
- Actively contribute to disrupt the music industry with a new, innovative product;
- As a C-Level, play a key role in defining the overall strategy to implement the Winamp vision;
- Freedom in creating your own dedicated team;
- Full-time, permanent contract;
- Highly competitive remuneration package including bonus scheme;
- Great location in one of our offices: Brussels/Ibiza/Paris/… (we're open to partial remote work if you're up to travel frequently)