Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Who We Are
Discogs is the largest crowd-sourced, community-driven database of recorded music information in the world. Every day, millions of people use the Discogs Marketplace to connect, learn about music, and buy and sell vinyl records, CDs, and cassettes. As Discogs continues to grow, we are looking for bright, dedicated, creative, and highly motivated people to help us realize our mission to serve the music fan in everyone. We are relatively small, so individual contributions can have a large impact. High value is placed on quality, critical thinking, and continuous improvement. Our teams work collaboratively but are distributed geographically and open-source tools are important to who we are and how we work. We value the experiences and skills each team member contributes to helping us serve our music community.
Who We’re Looking For
The main objective of the Discogs Community Support Coordinator is to assist the community in their interaction with Discogs and its associated brands. Discogs CS Coordinators have a solid understanding of all the individual components that make our website special, and are able to impart their knowledge and guidance to our users. You will fit this role if you’re keen to learn, have solid organizational skills, and are an effective written communicator.
What You’ll Accomplish
Some examples of common CS Coordinator responsibilities include adjusting order pages to assist a transaction, adjusting seller invoices, investigating account suspensions and policy violations, and processing feedback removal requests and account blocks. All user support requests are submitted via written message; we do not offer phone or chat support.
- Provide clear, concise, and empathetic written responses to support requests with a working knowledge of Discogs Marketplace policies and processes, user account activity, and basic discography guidance.
- Work directly with the community to identify and resolve problems, and provide data to support team leaders to assist in development updates.
- Understand Discogs Marketplace and account policies, and be prepared to assist community members in working within guidelines for the benefit of the community.
- Review and respond to community support concerns in writing.
- Process Feedback Removal Requests (FBRs), account holds, and other abuse reports as necessary and as instructed by the CS Team Leader.
- Represent Discogs with pride and enthusiasm in all interactions with the community.
What You’ll Contribute
- The ability to provide clear, concise, and empathetic written responses to support requests.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Has advanced basic computer job skills including logging on to systems, ability to communicate by email, ability to compose documents, enter database information, create presentations, download forms, and preserve/backup important data.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university, or equivalent work experience.
- A passion for music that you are excited to share with the rest of our community.
Further, a high preference will be given to a candidate who fluently speaks a major language, in particular Spanish or Italian.
What We Provide
- Competitive compensation: salary, performance-related bonuses, and pension.
- Healthy amounts of paid time off (PTO), paid holidays and paid maternity/paternity leave.
- Company-paid medical and dental insurance benefits for you and your dependents (US) or monthly contribution to your health insurance (NL).
- Gym membership or wellness stipend.
- Annual continuing professional development allowance.
- Flexible work environment (currently working 100% remote).