WHO WE ARE
Avant Gardner is the epicenter of New York City entertainment. The 80,000 square foot venue complex occupies an entire city block of industrial East Williamsburg, containing a compound of stages and full-service event spaces. Avant Gardner’s diverse calendar celebrates community and culture, offering an endless range of experiences, highlighted by the space’s unrivaled audio visual features. The vast complex includes The Brooklyn Mirage, The Great Hall, and The King’s Hall, which all serve as individual locales, or combine to make Avant Gardner the second largest entertainment venue in Brooklyn.
The Creative Programming Team is responsible for creating new event brands for the Company, and also supports the development of brand partnerships, as well as brand extensions that will bring our hallmark events to new markets.
We are currently open to a freelance consultant in any part of the world for immediate hire who has the required skills, although the goal would be eventually to embed someone in our Brooklyn, NY office for a full-time position.
*Either Freelance or Full-Time Candidates are welcome*. Remote possible for Freelance or part-time
What you’ll do
- Oversight for the development and execution of all marketing channels to drive successful conversions for branded events
- Development of organic posts and stories of key communications on dedicated event channels
- Create emails and SMS blasts, tested both to full audience vs segmented to core audience
- Liaise with digital paid media team on daily performance and opportunities to optimize campaigns
- Lead influencer and emerging platform strategies
- Be deliberate with driving to results by continuously testing, iterating on strategy elements and identifying content and messaging
- Be an authority on copy and design to ensure content quality meets high standards
- Leverage data to drive engagement and conversions to ticket sales
- Coordinate with internal team to ensure appropriate cross-posting to owned channels
- Coordination of external and geographically dispersed promoters to maximize sales performance
- Coordination with multiple PR agencies that will vary from one event to the next
What experience you’ll have
- Deep underground house & techno music knowledge and experience marketing large scale events and festivals
- High impact skills as a team lead, including alignment with ownership vision and strategy, driving urgency and results through coaching and motivation
- Meticulous attention to detail and hands on experience overseeing both the strategy and execution of multi-channel marketing campaigns across organic social, paid media, email, sms, video and streaming platforms
- Do-what-it takes mindset and willingness to take ownership of the success of any project
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to top-edit copy and posts with a highly sophisticated writing style, setting standards for content quality
- Positive attitude with an entrepreneurial mindset and be comfortable working in a dynamic, unstructured environment on complex projects with internal and external stakeholders from differing perspectives
- Adept in strategic thinking & analytics with a passion for innovation and creative problem solving
- Ease in communicating across teams and different levels within a large organization
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to leverage data for insights to change a course of action
- Experience in Adobe Suite a plus.