The Events Music Programmer is responsible for developing and delivering a programme of music events in line with Number 90 + Studio 9294’s values and artistic policy. The successful candidate will be an experienced curator of music programmes and events. They will be aware of developments at the forefront of music, arts and culture and excited by the opportunities and the challenges of developing a forward-thinking music programme. They will be a team player, working alongside a wider programming and venue team, with demonstrable negotiating, financial and admin skills, collaborating with the rest of the organisation to strike the right balance between artistic and commercial priorities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Day-to-day - Number 90
● Collaborating with local artists, musicians and DJs to deliver an exciting and engaging program of music and art that is supportive of the local arts scene and engages with the local community.
● Working closely with the marketing department to implement the brand message and strategy across all communications channels. Liaising with graphic designer on art and brand direction for events artwork.
● Setting annual talent budget, ensuring all costs are managed and logged
● Implementing and maintaining admin and operations structure within the company from event contract and confirmation, to invoicing and deposit chasing.
Day-to-day – Studio 9294
● Sourcing music and associated events in line with The Number Groups values.
● Negotiating deals with external promotors and stakeholders for music events on behalf of The Number Group.
● Attending the weekly team meeting with the wider programming and associated teams, to discuss progress, policy, strategy and other matters relating to the venues.
● Working with the wider programming team to develop a rounded programme of music, arts, corporate and community content. Regular meetings and liaison to ensure this is done effectively.
● Hosting show rounds with new or established clients and partners for potential events.
● Main point of contact for all week-round music content event clients, and day-to-day contact for all arts events in the venue.
● Being responsible for timely management of week-round music content dates in the diary through Studio 9294 admin, including optioning, confirming, and releasing of dates.
● Providing the Production team with all equipment and staff booking needs within appropriate timeframes (duty manager/bar) Where special equipment needs have been agreed with the client, relevant technical supplier and cost information to be provided to Studio 9294 ops / venue manager prior to contracting.
● Supporting the Marketing team with securing media content for website home page and listings section as well as social media platforms. Reviewing material to ensure quality control and consistent tone of voice for Studio 9294 and Number 90.
● Assessing clients level of satisfaction in their dealings with the venues, attending to any issues or complaints. Negotiating any extra requirements they may have with the rest of the team.
● Agreeing ticket allocations with promotor and remaining abreast of ticket sales, working closely with the marketing team, especially if ticket sales are below projections and advising on timely solutions to protect event revenue.
● A minimum of 3 years working in a similar role(s).
● Experience of developing and implementing a coherent music and events programme for a similar organisation(s).
● A commitment to championing diversity and representation, with a knowledge of a diverse range of genres and cultures and demonstrable ability to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
● Understanding of the demands and challenges faced during organisational change.
● Enthusiasm for and experience in training, mentoring or support of young people and emerging talents.
● Outstanding interpersonal skills.
● Experience maintaining relationships with music industry clients.
● Experience of, and understanding of social media and event marketing tools.
● Organised, self-motivated, with the ability to work across a range of events simultaneously and work within tight deadlines.
● Excellent organisational, administration and communication skills.
● Ability to make continuous improvements to administrative processes.
● Accurate with a good eye for detail. This list of tasks is not exhaustive and we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Location: 90 Wallis Road, London, UK