About the Companies
Elsewhere is a multi-room Brooklyn music venue and nightclub built by and for the culture-obsessed, managed by our sister promotions company PopGun Presents - an events collective with deep roots in NYC's underground music community. We are here to empower artists, celebrate the diversity of our city, widen access to visionary and uplifting culture, and experience the joy of doing it all together.
If you share our passion for music and art without boundaries, and you're looking for the challenge of your career, we want to connect with you - join us and grow with one of the best teams in independent arts, hospitality, events, and culture.
Elsewhere is looking for an empathetic and detail-oriented Community Care Manager to join our rapidly growing team.
This individual will be responsible for managing and resolving all customer questions and concerns with promptness and care, in order to ensure our community’s satisfaction with their experience at Elsewhere.
We are looking for a highly organized and hard-working team member with an unflappable empathetic manner, deep patience, and expert listening skills. Our ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of current best practices in customer service, and previous experience using tools to monitor and maintain their support program. A deep passion for culture, media, and music are strongly preferred - if this sounds like you, please get in touch.
This position will report to the Senior Marketing Director, and work closely with teammates in Venue Operations, Marketing, Box Office, Programming, and others to meet our audience’s support needs.
Your day to day is…
- Monitor all support inboxes and social listening platforms, responding promptly to all inbound customers
- Coordinate with box office to manage ticket exchanges, credits, and refunds
- Apply our established venue policies uniformly to ensure consistent customer resolutions
- Conduct cross-departmental fact-finding missions to assist and resolve customer inquiries
- Maintain detailed records of customer interactions, comments, and complaints
- Escalate serious customer concerns to management / ownership
- Provide feedback on the efficiency and success of the customer service process
- Stay up-to-date with the latest customer support best practices and technologies
- Facilitate and engage in conversations with customers, community, and network
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Minimum 4 years in previous customer support role(s)
- Emotionally intelligent, empathetic manner
- Expert listening skills
- Detail-oriented, hard-working, problem solving skills
- Teamwork. Ability and experience collaborating across multiple departments and understand the value of working as a team
- Humility. You believe in treating all people with dignity and respect, regardless of title or tenure
- Passion. An entrepreneurial self-starting spirit that is driven by the challenge of finding impactful solutions among complex problems
You’ll love your time at Elsewhere because…
- We believe in what we do, and foster a culture of respect (for all music & people), passion, and excellence
- You will work with teammates that are the best in the culture & events business
- You will be on the cutting edge of music, enabling emerging culture to thrive
- We are building a long-term business, that can support long-term careers in our industry
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary depending on experience Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited Vacation
These values are real and guide all of our decisions in how we operate and how we treat people. This includes our decisions to hire, reward, and fire. Every single person at Elsewhere will be held to these standards. This is how we build a great team, achieve our goals, and do so enjoyably.
- Respect for all people, music, and ideas – be open-minded. Elsewhere is no place for hatred or discrimination for any kind, as a workplace or as a venue. This standard applies to everyone, not just staff, including artists, audiences, investors, etc.
- Inclusivity: We believe that music and people should not be siloed, and that Elsewhere is best enjoyed when we are all together.
- Creativity: We support creativity on stage but we are also creative as a company. It is better to take a smart creative risk and fail than to avoid taking creative risks at all.
- Service: Go above and beyond in doing what is best for our artists and for our audiences so they can have an incredible event. You might do this every day, but for them, this event might be a very rare and special occasion.
- Excellence: We are values-driven but performance-oriented.Work smart over hard, but do the hard things when you need to instead of just what’s easy.
- Integrity: You are honest, genuine, trustworthy, and reliable. Your colleagues, our artists, our audiences, and our community can all rely on you. Admit your mistakes and strive to improve
- Communication: Your personal performance is very important, but you cannot accomplish great things alone. Great teams require great communication.
- Passion: You care intensely about music, your work, your colleagues, our artists, our audiences, and our community. Your passion drives not just you, but inspires those around you.
*** Please note we are an equal employment opportunity company and we are an E-Verify participant. ***