Company: Brixton Jamm LTD
Job Title: Production Engineer
Reporting Into: Event Operations Manager
Specifics of Role:
We are searching for an innovative, reliable sound engineer, with a healthy knowledge of lighting and AV to join our team and take ownership over the venues technical arrangement. You will work in the venue to be a part of our live event programme. Responsibilities include setting up and maintaining audio and lighting equipment, enhancing audio with appropriate sound effects, fixing sound-related issues, working with DJ’s, bands, and other musicians, and completing projects to specifications. You should be able to offer creative input, but also follow written and verbal instructions.
- Controlling noise levels, maintaining certain decibel levels, keeping a record and ensuring clients do not abuse the equipment.
- Meeting with clients to determine the requirements and specifications of recordings or performances.
- Safely setting up, repairing, servicing, and replacing equipment when required.
- Manipulating and enhancing live audio.
- Controlling production set up to manufacture creative live shows
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment.
- Understanding briefs and making helpful suggestions if possible and appropriate.
- Editing and mixing audio to venue specifications.
- Improvising props to produce required sounds.
- Controlling lighting set up for all events.
- Ensuring any projections, LED or any other visuals for events are active and looking as best as they can.
- Building solid, professional relationships with artists and clients.
Skills and experiences:
- A degree in sound engineering or similar
- Experience with Midas & Avolites desired but not essential
- Excellent product and technical knowledge
- An understanding of electrics and power supply
- Sound troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Previous experience is a must