Role: Operations Manager - Printworks
Reports into: Senior Operations Manager
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Location: Canada Waters, London
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract ending April 2022, Full Time (42.5 hours per week)
Who we are:
Broadwick Live is a multifaceted international company with headquarters in London who create, develop, own and operate a diverse portfolio of venues, spaces, events and experiences.
We believe in redefining spaces and how people experience music, art, culture and recreation by breaking down the traditional barriers. Our history and heritage is deeply rooted in music, building a portfolio of 20 global festivals before selling the portfolio in 2019 to focus on our growing portfolio of venues that includes Printworks London, Depot Mayfield Manchester, Drumsheds London, Exhibition London and Magazine London.
Collectively we strive to push boundaries and disrupt the cultural landscape by combining big thinking, bold ideas and commercial intelligence to produce spaces and experiences for discerning audiences in inspiring locations.
What we’re looking for:
There is now a very exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious Operations Manager to join Broadwick Live's Printworks London team and play a pivotal role in the running of our music events at the venue. Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, you will have scope to manage all aspects of the events. You will play a key role in the successful delivery of over 40 music shows across our Autumn/Winter 2021 series and beyond.
To be successful, you will have excellent previous demonstrable experience in a similar role within the entertainment industry, with a good understanding of live and electronic music events. You will have a natural passion for customer service combined with strong operational acumen and excellent team leadership skills. You will be extremely organised, with a real ability to get things done, and a strong determination and understanding of how to drive the business forward.
The role will combine a mix of office and site-based working. You will be expected to be available for a minimum of 2-3 office days per week at the Broadwick Live Offices in Canada Water, London, as well as working on site at each event during the series of shows.. During show days, this will be a very hands-on role, and you will be a key member on site helping to lead the build, break and overall delivery of show operations for each event.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Show Planning; assisting with all aspects of operational planning for show day operations at the venue.
- Show Delivery; assisting & leading with the management of show day operations on both event and non-event days.
- Show Coordination; coordination of external suppliers, staff, artist brands & external promoters to assist with the delivery of music shows.
- Oversight of Event Safety, working with the Health and Safety Advisor in both pre-planning and on-site delivery.
- Being the key point of contact for all key suppliers from procurement to delivery on-site, including security, traffic management, medics, health and safety, cleaners, bars, food traders, stewards and ticketing.
- Managing accreditation and staffing levels (including stewarding teams and external security agencies as appropriate).
- On some occasions acting as the Designated Premises Supervisor in accord with the Premises Licence issued under the Licensing Act 2003 responsible for compliance with all licensing requirements.
- Ensuring effective negotiation, contracting and management of suppliers.
- Assisting wider partners and clients with all operation requirements.
- Establishing production schedules for projects and communicating effectively to all relevant parties – ensuring all information is up to date.
- Ensuring that all teams, staff and suppliers follow correct conduct in line with the venue’s policies and procedures.
- Supporting the Senior Operations Manager to develop and deliver Printworks strategic operational plan.
- Implementing new processes and procedures that aid growth and financial efficiencies.
- Undertaking any other duties as directed by the Senior Operations Manager.
- A minimum of 3+ years working in a similar Operationally focused role within the events industry.
- Strong leadership & management skills; the ability to lead a team and make decisions whilst under pressure is key to this role.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of managing Health and Safety.
- To be exceptionally organised; to have an exceptional eye for detail and accuracy.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately, and prioritise in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to stay cool, calm and collected in stressful situations.
- Excellent time management and punctuality.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Excellent radio etiquette.
- Excellent IT skills; a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive & Slack. Previous experience working with Monday.com would be advantageous.
- Willingness to work on-site for long periods of time and flexibility with working hours.
- To be self-motivated; the ability to push on and get the job completed to the best of your ability.
- A personal licence would be advantageous.