Resident Advisor is the world’s foremost platform for discovering electronic music, artists and events. Described by the NY Times as “the most influential electronic music site in the world”, every month RA reaches more than 5m people across its web, mobile and app properties.
RA Pro is our suite of industry services and includes ticketing, advertising and other marketing services. It is a dedicated platform for electronic music’s artists, labels, promoters, festivals, partners and venues to grow and manage their brands and connect with local and international audiences.
This is an exciting opportunity for a mid-level position to have an immediate impact by supporting our industry and help build back our business after the pandemic.
The Account Manager is responsible for maintaining and growing relationships within their assigned region - West Coast, Midwest USA and parts of Canada. The focus of the role will be split between business development and account management across our whole product offering: event services, ticketing, media, technology, content etc. The ideal candidate will be motivated by winning deals as well as delivering industry leading levels of client service.
RA welcomes applicants from all abilities, backgrounds, ethnicities, experiences, expressions, and orientations. We aim for the staffing at RA to be a reflection of the communities we cover, amplify and participate within. We actively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, this is reflected in our internal operations and the treatment of our staff.
What you’ll be doing...
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with our partners across the electronic music industry
- Day to day Account Management of your own set of clients in the US (West Coast, Midwest USA and parts of Canada)
- Identify new business opportunities and qualify potential partners
- Prepare and present client partnership pitches in person, on calls and over email
- Showcase and share knowledge about full scope of new/existing RA products
- Cross-department collaboration throughout the sales, onboarding and delivery process
- Managing key clients on-sales, announcements and delivery of events
- Opportunity to travel to key cities for client meetings and industry events
We’re looking for…
- 2+ years account management / sales experience
- Embedded within the West Coast scene with existing network
- A self starter who is comfortable working within a satellite office
- A passion and understanding of electronic music culture is fundamental
- Track record of effective communication, both personal and digital
- Outgoing personality who builds networks quickly
- Ability to win new business, bring on new partners and exceed targets
- An understanding of digital advertising would be advantageous
We care about…
- Work/life balance and offer flexible and remote working
- Staff well-being with regular activities and workplace policies in supporting mental health
- Individual personal and career development plans and training opportunities
- Providing a healthy company culture with strong internal communication and transparency
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with a dedicated team leading our company commitments
- Supporting community projects across the industry: https://ra.co/about/community
- Electronic music and the values of acceptance that underpin the culture