WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure engineering is running smoothly and deliver key initiatives on time
- Responsible for roadmap execution and delivery of projects with high quality
- Develop and empower your team. Line manage and mentor a team of software engineers
- Maintain good morale across the engineering team
- Help lead technical retrospectives to ensure continual development and learnings are spread throughout the team
- Manage the technical debt level across the various platforms, and identify areas for improvement and concern
- Ensure product direction and objectives are feasible given engineering context and resourcing
- Ensure that best practices are in place across the engineering team
- Take initiative, drive new projects, and act as an individual contributor to key projects
- Evaluate new technologies and determine if they are fit for purpose
- Participate in technical interviews and ensure the engineering hiring bar is kept high
- Champion inclusion & diversity, by creating an environment of high trust. You can represent others and be an advocate or ally.
WHO YOU ARE
We encourage you to apply even if you don't tick all the requirements.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience with 2+ years of direct management experience (2+ direct reports)
- You have run review cycles and are successful in providing feedback and pushing forward the careers of your engineering team.
- Experience building a large production React application (ideally in the consumer web/ internet space)
- Able to devise a roadmap, mitigate risks and consider tradeoffs.
- GraphQL experience with that (or something similar like Apollo) is fantastic.
Nice to have
- Exposure to Kubernetes or Relay
- Experience working in live steaming or payments related engineering projects
- A passion for music and supporting creators