Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives. Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
As a Label Relations Manager based in New York, you will be a key point of contact for our label and industry partners who works on building great internal and external relationships that deliver excellent campaigns for customers and artists. The role will require domestic travel and may require evening attendance at industry events and shows.
The Label Relations team owns the existing music relationships, and drives collaborative efforts internally and externally around content launches, events, and cross-category promotions. Label Relations Managers work closely with Programming, Marketing, Editorial, Merchandising, Content Acquisition, Operations, and International teams.
The Label Relations Manager will be responsible for the following:
· Acting as an ambassador and advocating for Amazon Music within the music industry
· Developing relationships within the music industry (labels, artists, managers) that create new opportunities to grow artists’ fanbases on Amazon Music
· Creating and driving end-to-end campaigns in collaboration with internal teams at Amazon
· Directly managing the day-to-day relationship with select music labels
· Converting new opportunities into campaigns that drive Amazon Music’s business goals
· Planning and executing numerous projects, analyzing performance and optimizing future campaigns based on their results
· Ensuring content availability in collaboration with Operations and Content Acquisition teams, and driving continuous improvement in digital music operations
· Supporting new release planning and launches
· Contributing to various Amazon Music projects from a content and analytics perspective
· Balancing day-to-day business needs with long-term business goals
· 5+ years of account management, sales or business development experience
· Sound work ethic with strong attention to detail
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Experience in team-oriented work environment
· Excellent data analysis and quantitative skills; proficient with MS Excel and SQL