Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) is a multi-disciplinary arts center located in Brooklyn, New York. For more than 150 years, BAM has been the home for adventurous artists, audiences, and ideasengaging both global and local communities. With world-renowned programming in theater, dance, music, opera, film, and much more, BAM showcases the work of emerging artists and innovative modern masters.
BAM is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to work in the Artistic Programming department. The Administrative Coordinator will serve as liaison between the Artistic Director, BAM staff, and Artists. The selected candiate will oversee the Artistic Directors professional calendar; meetings with artists and other arts institutions to facilitate programming research and the development future programming initiatives. In addition, the candiate will coordinate the Artistic Directors travel, identify productions to see for season planning, organize meetings with artists and other institutional representatives, maintain flight and accommodation details. The qualified candiate will also provide administrative support to the Programming Staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support relationships and communication with artists and their representatives to help ensure the best possible artistic outcomes.
- Coordinate Artistic Directors professional calendar with internal and external meetings.
- Create and maintain up-to-date and accurate files/binders for future and potential performances.
- Manage House seat requests made to the Programming Department and coordinate ticket orders with box office, ticket services OR house seat manager, and other departments.
- Track and file physical and electronic materials on current, future, and potential productions including audio/visual materials, reviews, in-house reports, etc. for use by the Programming Department and departments throughout the institution.
- Manage and reconcile credit cards and out-of-pocket expenses for Artistic Director and Associate Artistic Director.
- Assist the Producers with populating ArtsVision with information relating to future productions.
- Edit (with attention to proofreading and formatting) Artistic Directors letters and email.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date contact list for the Programming Department (artists, colleagues, etc.)
- Coordinate Staff Download presentations for upcoming seasons
- Answer Programming Departments phones, distribute Programming Departments mail.
- Welcome guests to the department and arrange hospitality for meetings.
- Respond to problems and initiate improvement in departments physical, decorative and technological environments by corresponding with the Building Operations, HVAC, and IT departments.
- Review daily arts publications for articles related to BAM productions or artists, Artistic Directors colleagues, or other performing arts related announcements.
- Responsible for the department office supplies monitor supply levels, replace & restock as necessary.
- Help facilitate Artistic Directors opening night cards.
- Participate in various interdepartmental projects, as needed.
- Back up Programming Department as needed.
- Track development of productions and tour schedules of future and potential BAM artists
- Manage and reconcile the 1074 and 1037 OTPS budgets including monitoring and approving expenditures. Ensuring timely production of Purchase Orders; ensuring timely payments to vendors.
- Provide research and background information on the future work of select artists for AD.
- Work closely with General Management department to share information about future programs.
- Attend, and report on, external performances and events on behalf of AD.
- Proofread and copyedit BAM publications and press releases on behalf of the AD.
- Write letters of recommendation for artists and colleagues on behalf of the AD.
- Distribute materials from Artistic Director to other employees, generate agendas, take minutes for project-specific meetings
- Other duties as assigned by Artistic Programming Staff
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 2 year work experience in Administrative supoortive role preferably non-for profit or Performing Arts
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to multitask projects with varying deadlines.
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Suite
- Experience using Tessitura (or similar database) helpful
- Excellent research skills
- With advance notice ability to work some evenings/weekends
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) work.
- Comfortable working with DEI concepts, programs and initiatives.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.