Repost by SoundCloud is the music industry’s fastest-growing music distribution service. As a business, we enable musicians to monetize their music on platforms such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music and many more. We also provide our users with clear revenue reporting, as well as promotion opportunities.
As a culture, we believe that the world of streaming music is changing, and while anyone has the ability to build their own audience, they should also have the ability to make a living from that audience.
SoundClouds Talent Team is responsible for driving enormous growth in the business. We pride ourselves on setting high goals and having a ton of fun achieving them together. We take pride in our culture greatly and only invite optimistic, hardworking, and motivated people to join our team.
We are looking to hire a highly motivated individual, who is organized, has great communication skills, and is able to work with cross-functional teams and collaborate closely between partners within an agile environment. Preferably, this person should have a background at a record label, publisher, or distributor.
- Handle new artist & partner applications and onboarding to our distribution platform
- Collaborate with Sales Ops to come up with new processes to optimize organic signings and increase client revenue potential
- Educate clients on best practices and release planning within our dashboard
- Do discovery & qualification with our current customers to better understand how they’re using and gaining value from SoundCloud
- Strategize with artist’s on new and effective ways to market and promote assigned releases
- Compile and communicate internally, marketing drivers and release strategy
- Work with label services on executing release campaigns for existing artists
- Lead client support through various channels with a focus on client retention
- Upsell services within our platform to existing clients
- Maintain relationships with referral partners and review incoming client prospecting
- Have the autonomy to operate beyond your role and help the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and any other aspects of our business
- 3-5+ years proven experience in an account management role
- 2+ years music industry experience ideally label, publishing, or distribution
- Familiar with Performance Right Organizations (PRO) - i.e. BMI, ASCAP, SESAC
- YouTube CMS certification highly preferred
- Experience with Content Operations within music is a plus
- Enjoy working in a collaboratively driven environment
- Make others around you better while achieving your own goals
- Deep understanding of account management tactics and client relations
- Be coachable (don’t just do what we say, but rather be self-aware and reflective, and digest feedback critically and adapt to overcome challenges)
- Be friendly, hardworking and demonstrate compassion and thoughtfulness in your professional communication
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.