Avant Gardner is a 6,000 capacity event complex that houses three distinct areas: the outdoor Brooklyn Mirage during the summer season, and the indoors Great Hall and Kings Hall open year-round.
WHO YOU ARE
- Someone who has integrity, a passion for hospitality, and a desire for excellence
- Someone who is high energy with an outgoing personality
- Someone who possesses the ability to multitask, think on their feet, and problem-solve
- Someone who can keep calm under high pressure situations
The position will be responsible for greeting incoming guests, providing excellent customer service, and creating a safe and friendly environment for the guests.
- Work with Operations team to ensure the highest quality experience for our guests during events
- Aid with the set-up and break-down of the guest relations booth and Billfold areas
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Report suspicious or criminal activity to security and/or management
- Exhibit professionalism when speaking to guests and communicating information
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of venue operations and upcoming events
- Resolve and document Guest concerns and complaints in person
- Accurately handle multiple types of transactions, including: cash, credit, checks, etc.
- Collect lost and found items during event
- Monitor activities at entrances, exits and other areas requested by the Operations team
- Be an advocate for new initiatives within the venue
- Any other tasks as assigned
- Must have 2+ years related experience in hospitality operations with a proven track record of leading a professional, efficient, high quality, service-oriented operation
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly organized, efficient and detail oriented
- Must have excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills
- A certificate of Fitness F-03 and F-04: Temporary Indoor/Outdoor Place of Assembly Safety personnel
- *If you do not have this, you will be required to obtain once hired
- Must be able to work on your feet as well as stationary for at least 12 hours during events
- Must be willing to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 20 pounds
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.