The Netflix Marketing Music team is hiring a music coordinator to facilitate music services (like clearance, creative, licensing, and custom music creation) for Netflix’s Marketing Music Team.
Our Marketing and PR campaigns are a key part of Netflix’s ongoing success, and music is core to those campaigns. Supporting the marketing music team and helping with the nitty gritty of finding and licensing music for use in trailers, promos, and a variety of other projects, the candidate will also work across the company’s Music Group and stakeholders in the Marketing and PR organizations. The successful candidate easily embeds into new teams and has a sturdy foundation in music licensing as it pertains to entertainment and/or marketing. Building internal relationships and keeping forward momentum in the fast-moving world of marketing and PR are paramount.
The successful candidate loves everything about music. They spend their free time exploring the ecosystems of music for the next great artists, and studying musicology. They think having several different licenses (synch, master, mechanical, etc.) for the same work makes complete sense and don’t think twice about a 7-way split ownership for “a side” of a song. They think about how best to source, track, and organize everything that goes into the workflow of fixing music to picture.
The successful candidate will be someone who loves working in a self-starting environment where freedom and responsibility are tenets, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates. They will have incredible soft skills to compliment their diligent work ethic. They seek an environment that places thoughtful efficiency over process yet they know how to work with organizations or institutions that may not hold the same beliefs. The Netflix jobs page
outlines how they always thought a company should be run.
This role is based in Los Angeles, and reports into the Marketing Music team, and will be part of the larger music group at Netflix.
List of Responsibilities:
- Coordinating with Netflix’s internal cross-functional stakeholders as well as outside parties including labels, publishers, copyright owners, composers, their managers and/or attorneys, regarding ownership, invoicing and license tracking.
- Researching music ownership and seeking/obtaining quotes from music libraries.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal partners and third-party companies, labels, artists, studios, and publishers.
- Managing Netflix marketing music clearance and rights information including tracking territory, media and terms and maintaining/tracking all cue sheets.
- Helping source music and contribute music ideas for given creative briefs, as required.
- Assisting with soundtrack releases by routing materials for approval and tracking deadlines.
- Participating in other projects specific to Netflix’s marketing music needs.
- The successful candidate will have at least 3+ years of music licensing experience at a major production, film/television studio, television network, agency, publisher, label, or law firm in the music department.
- Understands the fundamentals of music licensing.
- Experience clearing library music and sound design.
- Familiarity with rights ownership research.
- Experience reading and filling out cue sheets.
- Tracking licenses from receipt to final execution.
- Administering music deals and the appropriate contracts, licenses, and invoices.
- Curiosity and innovation as a style of approaching problems.
- Attention to detail and understanding of the critical nature of clean data as it pertains to music rights.
- A natural aptitude for technology.
- Clear, concise communication skills.
- Ability to distill salient points and frame and present issues succinctly.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight time frames in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to pivot quickly, think practically, and be solution-oriented.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.