We’re Sofar Sounds, your global music community. We bring people together in unexpected spaces in over 400 cities around the world. We’re artists, music lovers and organisers. We’re a company of musicians for musicians. We create, perform, listen and work to make intimate live music experiences that connect us all. Every show is focused on the artist.
We create space where music matters.There is no other feeling in the world like discovering and experiencing new music and artists. In any Sofar room, when the audience has hushed and that first note is played - it’s magical.
As the Show Experience Manager, you will support the execution and production of every event organized in Bristol. Working closely with the Sofar regional team, you’ll be the local contact for the market’s crew, artists, and hosts, ensure our events run smoothly and safely, represent Sofar for local media opportunities, and advise and guide the regional team to support with growth and innovation. You should represent Bristol's authentic voice and character, and be ready to evolve with Sofar.
Sofar has worked with over 30,000 artists, hosted over 1,000,000 fans at shows around the world and engages with millions more online each month. You will be part of a music-adoring team who are passionate about creating an industry-leading culture that supports artists and introduces their music to new fans.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serve as the local leader to ensure the highest-quality experience and safety at every Sofar show - for audience, artists, hosts, crew, and local contractors
- Work up to three shows per week, and a maximum of ten shows per month
- Conduct venue visits and share reports with the regional team
- Act as the main liaison and facilitate connection between Sofar & local community
- Serve as the main contact for general & day-of event operations
- Manage day-of event supplies and local gear inventory
- Develop and host local community events, consistently bringing the team and community together
- Refer, scout and recommend artists, venues, crew, and community partners that align with Sofar’s commitment to diversity, inclusion and representation across the city
- Be an expert on the local market - present recommendations for improvements on ways of working and ways of supporting local musicians
- You’ll also discover a lot of great new music, from all around the world
WHO YOU ARE
- You’re driven to support artists and bring people together
- You have a deep love of live music and are connected to the local music community
- You can work autonomously, but remain connected
- You have people management experience
- You have a sincere and empathetic approach to work and communications
- You’re organized, detail oriented & work well with deadlines & problem solving
- You’re passionate about building and supporting your local community
- You are able to work flexible working hours
- Previous experience in producing live music events, customer service or hospitality is a big plus
- Eligible for employment in the UK
- Genuine, demonstrated commitment to supporting artists and local music
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.