We’re Sofar Sounds, your global music community. We bring people together in unexpected spaces in over 400 cities around the world. We’re artists, music lovers and organisers. We’re a company of musicians for musicians. We create, perform, listen and work to make intimate live music experiences that connect us all. Every show is focused on the artist.
We create space where music matters.There is no other feeling in the world like discovering and experiencing new music and artists. In any Sofar room, when the audience has hushed and that first note is played - it’s magical.
As a member of Sofar Crew you will be working right at the centre of the Sofar shows that take place in your city. This is a part-time role that sits within the local team and reports to the Crew Manager for the region. You will be making sure that our events consistently feel amazing for artists, hosts and the audience, so that they have an unforgettable experience.
Crew play a super important role in creating the magic in the room by supporting all the tasks that make our events possible. You’ll help to ensure that everyone’s having the best time and getting the most out of the experience.
Sofar has worked with over 30,000 artists, hosted over 1,000,000 fans at shows around the world and engages with millions more online each month. You will be part of a music-adoring team who are passionate about creating an industry-leading culture that supports artists and introduces their music to new fans.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Act as a main point of contact at the event
- Bring good vibes/ the magic - representing Sofar to all artists, guests, and hosts at the show
- Support the artists performing at Sofar by helping them make the most out of their gig - this can include helping to sell and promote merch, driving signups to their mailing list and socials, assisting with gear setup and more
- Work closely with the host and other Sofar crew to set up and run the event, ensuring everything runs smoothly, safely, and on time
- Connect with guests by welcoming them as they arrive, MCing, and fostering a communal environment at the show
- Support with admin and getting organised for the day of the event/ making the event happen
- Work directly with the local Show Experience Manager and regional operations team on monthly shift scheduling
- Help with coordination and/or transportation of event supplies to and from events
- Complete a detailed event recap form to share important feedback
- You’ll also hear and discover a lot of great new artists and music, from all around the world!
WHO YOU ARE
- Experienced in producing live music events or other events
- A musician or experienced in working closely with musicians in a live setting
- Available and excited to work nights and weekends, and between 3-5 events per month
- Willing and eager to travel to various areas of the local area
- You have super strong interpersonal and customer service skills, especially in fast-paced situations
- Able to wear many hats and take on varied tasks and projects
- You have previous experience with Sofar and a strong interest in music
- You are CPR/First Aid Certified
- Eligible for employment in the US
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.