The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking a Public Relations Manager to drive strategy, planning and execution of Apple Music PR programmes and initiatives for the German market. This is first and foremost a media relations role. You will be expected to be hands on, working day-to-day to engage with local journalists in crafting stories about Apple Music that showcases its benefits to consumers. Responsibilities will encompass crafting and leading results-oriented PR programmes with music, entertainment, lifestyle, technology, national, broadcast and general business press; partnering with the Apple Music editorial team to develop product positioning, messaging and competitive analysis. Great fits are extraordinary team players, self-motivated with a passion for music, consumer technology, innovation and culture and have a deep understanding of the media landscape and social media space. The role will require you to be highly organised, able to work under tight deadlines with a keen attention to details. You will be the PR lead in country for Apple Music and work closely with our local curators to identify strong stories that resonate with German press and consumers.
In this capacity you: - Use your first-class knowledge of the media landscape in Germany to broaden and deepen our contacts with music press, consumer lifestyle, technology, and business outlets.
- Have your finger on the pulse of any changes in the media industry. Be the first to know about new publications, blogs, programmes or journalists taking up new posts. Spot the opportunities that arise from these changes and recommend how we can capitalise on them to improve coverage.
- Have the ability to dive deep into our segment markets to identify new and creative ways to reach influencing media and share the Apple story.
- Are the local authority as pertains to PR initiatives for Apple Music, but have the flexibility to support other areas as needed. - Possess expert knowledge of competitive products and keep the European team up to date on what's going on in your market.
- Manage and respond to day-to-day press enquiries and ensure our regular media are kept up to speed on the latest Apple Music news.
- Play an instrumental role in influencing how Apple Music launch and momentum campaigns are developed to ensure maximum coverage in Germany.
- Organise briefings with key press, via press tours, selection of Hit Lists for special events, planning of briefings, capturing coverage, and reporting on results.
- Have the capacity to handle crisis and other reactive PR situations with grace and ease, knowing when and how to respond to media inquiries.
- Identify and escalate potential public issues that may impact Apple; diffuse rumours, and resolve conflicting messages. - Handle distribution of PR materials and resources (press release, images, reviewers guides, B-roll) as required.
- Track key coverage for your areas and share news with the wider German, European and global teams when relevant. - You are naturally passionate, creative, results oriented, dynamic and strategic.
- You are responsible for the successful planning and management of a number of projects, prioritising these to meet critical deadlines delivering work on time and on budget.