About the Position
The Marketing Manager plays a key role within the Marketing & Communications team, which is charged with driving local, national, and global visibility for The Shed and developing comprehensive efforts to promote all performances, exhibitions, programs, initiatives, and events.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager works on a wide range of projects, leading on the execution of marketing efforts and contributing to strategy. The ideal candidate will have experience coordinating both digital and traditional marketing projects, from social media and bulk email to advertising and print materials.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Coordinate paid media buying (advertising, search engine marketing/optimization, promoted social posts) and creative assets with marketing agencies and vendors
- Produce and manage bulk email campaigns; grow email distribution list; conduct A/B testing, track results, and make improvements
- Coordinate production of promotional material (print, digital, direct mail)
- Manage The Shed’s social media content and comment moderation across all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Perform ongoing social listening and respond to and redirect customer service inquiries received via social channels
- Maintain institutional profiles on TripAdvisor, Yelp, Google Places, and other similar sites; respond to reviews and answer questions
- Identify opportunities for improving workflows both within the marketing and communications department and across the institution
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Qualities
- Two or more years of experience managing institutional social media accounts and email marketing
- Knowledge of and strong interest in the contemporary performing arts and visual arts
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and collaborative approach
- Excellent judgment, collegiality, and ability to juggle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible schedule; must be able to work nights when there are events and manage social platforms on weekends
- Experience with WordFly, Tessitura, Sprout, Google Suite
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements with your application.
Interested candidates should complete an application and submit résumé and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate's first and last name through our Career Center page here. Only résumés and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.