Do you have a gift for copywriting and a passion for the Electronic music world? Come be the mastermind behind Monstercat’s direct marketing initiatives in this newly created role!
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for building campaigns, managing outreach, and spearheading activations in the owned and earned marketing verticals. Reporting to the Head of Digital Marketing, the Marketing Specialist will oversee the direct marketing initiatives behind Monstercat’s Brand and Music priorities, including email marketing, community management, blog writing, influencer / KOL marketing, and experiential activations.
What you’ll do...
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Marketing team and other internal departments to provide copy for project descriptions and direct marketing channels, including email and SMS outreach for Brand and Music priorities.
- Develop the Monstercat brand and mascot tone of voice and brand guidelines for all external communications.
- Create a roadmap for Monstercat’s blog, working with external writers to conceptualize content and topics through SEO.
- Manage the internal communication of project plans and requirements for upcoming campaigns.
- Create a wide variety of email marketing campaigns and funnels, ensuring content is optimized and user/mobile-friendly.
- Conceptualize and execute novel campaigns to grow Monstercat’s email lists, including proactively A/B testing content to maximize growth and increase CTR.
- Manage Monstercat’s community presence across Discord, Reddit, VK, and SMS, aligning our network of moderators behind priority activations and messaging.
- Deliver fully conceptualized video and static content campaigns for Monstercat’s Music and Brand priorities, including artist releases and apparel drops.
- Maintain Monstercat’s influencer / KOL network, hand-picking content creators to support Monstercat Gold and other brand priorities across TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Ideate experiential marketing campaigns both on and offline, and support in the marketing of Monstercat’s live events, including tour dates, pop-up events, and showcases.
- Oversee the development and execution of photoshoots, video shoots, and other content creation.
- Critically evaluate direct digital marketing practices and propose new strategies to increase fan engagement and reach new audiences.
- Build customer profiles for each Monstercat brand and continuously research market information to super-serve these audiences.
- Develop fan surveys and focus groups, sharing results and recommending opportunities to relevant departments
- Communicate project plans and requirements to the wide Monstercat team.
- Bachelor’s degree, Diploma, or Certificate in Marketing/Communications, or a combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
- A love of music is essential, experience or expertise in Electronic music culture a strong plus.
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of the Gaming and Dance industries preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience using CRM clients, preferably with an eCommerce tie-in (Klaviyo, Mailchimp, Omnisend, etc).
- 1-2 years of experience building static and video content marketing strategies.
Why Join Monstercat? We offer the opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity and bi-annual company performance bonuses
- Work a flexible workweek both from home and from our creative Railtown Vancouver office (hybrid work environment) with freshly ground coffee, a fully stocked kitchen, a dog-friendly office, and regular company events (when safe to do so)
- Utilize a comprehensive health and dental benefits package
Monstercat is Canada’s largest independent electronic music label. From the heart of downtown Vancouver, we’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels. We connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artists with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.