Position: Management Assistant
Start date: asap
Salary: 14,400euros PA + artist commission negotiated after a minimum trial period of 6-months
Duration: Full-time, subject to completing a satisfactory 6-month probationary period Hours: 9:30 am – 6.00 pm GMT Monday to Friday
Reporting to: Managing Director
Description: Spike is an independent artist management company based in Lisbon, Portugal and Dublin, Irealnd. We are seeking a new full-time assistant/co-manager to work across our small but busy roster of management clients. Tasks shall include but are not limited to:- Release campaign management
- Day - Day management of various artists - Music management (pitching, remix, collaboration, featured artists, and sync) - Tour diary management
- Event coordination
- PR coordination, working between the artists and press representative - Working alongside the MD with email and admin coordination
- Creative concepts to help gain attention on and offline.
- Social media coordination
- Planning and coordinating label affairs/publishing/diary management, tour management, A&R tasks such as reviewing and soliciting demos/mixes, digital distribution, booking recording sessions, grant funding applications, general assistance to the managing director, and other ad hoc tasks as and when required.
Professional qualifications/experience:- A minimum of 12 month’s continuous and demonstrable experience in a role at an artist management company, record label, or promotions (press and/or radio).
- Some live or touring experience is desirable but not necessary.
- A driving license is desirable, but not necessary.
Personal qualities:- High attention to detail and extremely organised.
- The candidate must be trustworthy and able to work equally well under
instruction, in a group, and individually in often fast-paced conditions.
- Flexibility: the role is ever-expansive and will require working in different country time zones and on occasion outside of office hours.
- The ability to be self-motivated, be proactive, and reactive.
- Able to take initiative in decision-making situations in a diligent manner.