What we're looking for:
Curation is the heart of what we do at Keakie. Our Head of Curation will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for Strategy, Operations and Team Management of a large (and growing) team of genre-based curators. The ideal candidate will have a strong bias to action, enjoy managing a large team and balance strategic thinking with operational excellence.
- Be responsible for the design of scalable process for the curation and onboarding of new shows and artists
- Recruit a global team of 24 genre curators in year 1, themselves responsible for the pipeline of artist relations that will make up the Global Curation Network
- Line manage a team of curators and ensure that targets are met across the board (including responsibility for setting and tracking qualitative, quantitative and engagement metrics)
- Coordinate and leverage the skills, knowledge base and industry network of the Tastemaker board - a board of four top-tier artists and curators. You will own everything from communications, board meetings, events and thought leadership
- Own all artist facing activities and collateral from outreach, engagement strategy and marketing materials
- Design and own the feedback loop between Curators and Engineering to improve the product (from the platform itself to the onboarding process)
- Augment our first-party data set on listening behaviour with a foundational knowledge of storytelling through global music
- Design a reward and incentive scheme for the global network of curators to promote proactivity and innovative thinking
- You'll need to be a master at using data to drive performance, an expert problem solver who digs deep to understand the root cause of problems, and be comfortable designing and implementing systems and processes to drive continuous improvement within the team.
- An in-depth but genre-agnostic knowledge and appreciation of global music
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- High attention to detail with a process and solution-oriented mindset
- Experience in operating and scaling a sales/curation/A&R team
- The ability to manage, inspire, engage with and motivate a diverse, remote and global team of curators
Salary: £52,000 - £58,000
Share options: £6,000
Keakie is a new streaming platform for mixes, podcasts and radio shows. A project that seeks to revolutionise music discovery and reveal entirely new worlds of music you didn’t know existed.