Your Army America are looking for an aspiring music professional to join our team as a DJ Promotions Assistant.
We are a global independent promotions agency based in Los Angeles. Your Army work with some of today’s most influential artists—including Flume, Diplo, Bicep, CamelPhat, deadmau5, David Guetta, ZHU, RÜFÜS DU SOL, RL Grime and Boys Noize—while also maintaining a relentless focus on breaking new talent.
Your Army America’s DJ Promotions Assistant will be responsible for bolstering the North American DJ database, maintaining organization of internal systems, preparing releases for promotion, collating detailed campaign reports for clients, and serving as a flexible member of the team who can get things done.
● Maintain and grow company database of North American club DJs
● Compile and deliver weekly promotional reports to label contacts across multiple services
● Compose articulate and creative press releases to accompany promoted releases
● Localize music assets and upload releases to promotional delivery platforms
● Consistently engage with artists and labels within Your Army social and business networks
● Compile detailed internal meeting minutes and notes from client calls
● Assist with maintenance of client & industry contacts database
● Schedule meetings for senior staff and make occasional domestic and international travel
● Adopt and refine current procedures and departmental admin systems
● Manage company social media accounts across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
● Unrivaled attention to detail with strong organizational and time management skills
● Extensive knowledge of dance music, its varied genres and respective artists, and its developing
● Familiarity with both domestic and international dance music landscape imperative
● One to two years experience in a general role within music, marketing, and/or PR preferred
● Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with partners on all levels with an extreme
attention to detail
● Ability to work independently and proactively on multiple projects simultaneously
● A genuine team player who works well with others in order to get the job done
● A passion and enthusiasm for the Your Army roster and a desire to help us expand into other
● Experience with varied social networking and media platforms (including Twitch, TikTok, Discord,
Clubhouse, etc.) preferred
● Basic knowledge of Photoshop or similar graphic design program ideal but not required