Passionate about people, with a deep love for design and music? We are looking for a Design Team Lead (f/m/x) who helps us shape and drive the future of musical instruments!
You will collaborate with leaders of other design teams to attract and develop talented designers, and identify opportunities to establish best practices for a seamless experience across all of our products. You are a great team leader, manager, and design thinker, who will provide leadership and guidance to foster a culture of trust and excellence.
What You'll Do
- Develop designers through coaching, mentoring, and management support. Undertake performance reviews, set goals and create development plans that are tailored to individual designers and reflect NI’s overall strategy.
- Work closely with the recruiting and people team to hire and onboard diverse talent.
- Help to shape efficient Design Teams and the way they work to ship quality products. Be an advocate and catalyst for collaboration within your team and across design teams. Facilitate rotation of design talent to provide them exposure to diverse project settings, design challenges and subject matter areas within your area of responsibility and across Native Instruments’ Design Teams.
- Foster culture, values and behaviors to develop best practices within the design group.
- Collaborate closely with your peers, product owners and agile coaches to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Evangelize, drive and contribute to strategic design initiatives within your area of responsibility or across several Design teams and capabilities.
What You'll Bring
- Strong background in designing products with 6+ years industry experience.
- Proven understanding of user-centered product design.
- 2+ years experience growing, leading and managing a team of designers.
- Ability to attract and motivate designers from different disciplines.
- You care about people and support their professional development.
- Desire to build strong relationships with people inside and outside their core product team to efficiently create inspiring user experiences.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Experienced working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Music Production background is a big plus
Native Instruments embraces diversity. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe the foundation of our dynamic and pioneering spirit starts with a fair and inclusive culture. Our company culture focuses on bringing unique ideas together to fuel innovation.
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment at Native Instruments and we encourage everyone to apply – regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Help us reach our goal in making the future of music diverse, inclusive, and exciting.