About Dubset: Dubset Media (www.dubset.com) is a technology solutions company for the music industry, and we love what we do. As a confident team of music enthusiasts, we aspire to unravel the complexities associated with licensing and distribution of derivative content and change how it is monetized. Our clients are major and independent record labels, distributors, and music publishers; digital service providers; and creators of mix/remix content, such as DJs.
Dubset’s vision is to create a new marketplace for mixes & remixes, and build the foundation for new royalties through online streaming. Technology that is powerful, innovative, and disruptive. Solutions that are simple, universal, and profitable. We work with the belief that the potential for music in the digital age is limitless.
- Primary Label and Publisher Services (LPS) team contact for internal Content Operations
- Monitor & report regularly on catalog onboarding process
- Assist in training music publishing clients on Dubset’s MixBANK platform
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all of Dubset Media’s internal systems and processes in order to effectively respond to client queries (including royalties, royalty and product tracking, work registrations, duplicate claims, and legal disputes)
- Research missing and/or unidentified music publishers in priority content
- Assist VP in various areas including gathering performance/financial data and generating reports as directed.
- Service music publishing clients at direction of Vice President, LPS
- Communicate rightsholder feedback and trends based on data analysis to product & engineering teams to collaborate on product roadmaps, admin tools, and evolving strategies.
- Educate rightsholders on new and existing product features, FAQ updates, supporting best practices, and up keep of internal guides responsible for onboarding rightsholders
- Collaborate with various departments, including content operations, finance, legal, and all management to ensure that all client business needs are met in a timely and efficient manner
- Develop industry relationships in the publisher space, across accounts, clients, and media
Skills & Knowledge
- A solid understanding of the music publishing and composition rights, ideally both in the United States and internationally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and present complex concepts to customers and executives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and SalesForce
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of the music industry landscape, including digital music services, labels, music publishing, collection societies, and licensing agents.
- Working knowledge of:
- UI, UX, databases, digital distribution, onboarding, ingestion
- Rights associated with sound recordings and compositions
- Music data delivery formats (e.g., CWR, DDEX, CSV, XML, etc.)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 or more years of music industry experience, ideally with a digital music service, music publisher, collection society, and/or music licensing agent with an emphasis in label relations
- A network within the music publishing community is a plus.