This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and exciting Public Relations and Social Media team at a cutting-edge company. We are looking for a Public Relations and Social Media Specialist to work across all areas of the Dolby business. The role requires a driven, proactive, detail-oriented, and adaptable candidate who is comfortable with juggling multiple projects at once. Some of the job responsibilities include:
- Writing and editing engaging content for trend pitches, media outreach, press releases, social copy, blog posts, and other communication mediums.
- Assisting in creating plans and reports for both PR and Social.
- Monitoring news coverage, social media channels, competitor news, and partner news to identify cultural and industry trends and recommend how Dolby might assert themselves into the trends.
- Leveraging consumer segmentation insights, recommend break-through consumer-driven ideas for seasonal programs to drive further awareness and education about our technologies.
- Researching reporters and media outlets to broaden Dolby’s outreach into new areas.
- Working with social media leads to brainstorm new ways to engage with our audiences across all owned social platforms.
- Scheduling and/or approve social posts in publishing platform
- Helping to manage a global content calendar across all Dolby social channels
- 2-3 years experience in both Public Relations and Social Media preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, especially writing, editing, and storytelling – knows how to tell an irresistible story to spark interest and buzz
- Strong consumer and/or entertainment PR and Social experience and knows how to work as part of an integrated marketing team
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to quickly develop a solid knowledge and understanding of Dolby’s technologies
- Passion for cultural and industry trendspotting
- Outstanding ability to adapt in an ambiguous and fast-moving environment and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent networker and connector with active relationships with U.S. consumer lifestyle, entertainment and news media
- Proven ability to contingency plan and makes sound judgments while engaging and building trust with senior executives
- Team player with an exceptional attention to detail, stellar organizational skills and works collaboratively to manage and balance a variety of projects with tight deadlines
- Mix of in-house and agency experience preferred
- Gaming and/or entertainment brand experience is a plus
- Based in San Francisco, Los Angeles or New York
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.