The Managing Editor will work within RA’s senior editorial team to drive our publishing arm forward at a strategic and operational level.
The focus is on the breadth of RA’s editorial content, where the Managing Editor will work alongside the Editor-In-Chief to cultivate a diverse and innovative offering that cements RA as the home of the world’s best electronic music content. Under the Managing Editor’s leadership the team will increasingly embrace different media in both its long- and short-form format, drawing in a larger, broader, younger and more engaged audience through a blend of film, graphics, photography and words.
The Managing Editor will help ensure the team delivers its strategic objectives and is working together effectively as a highly productive and motivated unit.
- Work with the Editor-In-Chief, and the team, to maintain and improve processes and workflow efficiency.
- Working with our People & Culture team to ensure skills and development training programs are implemented to aid personal development across the team.
- Management of relevant section editors, team members and freelancers
- Reaching out and commissioning freelance contributors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required to communicate with freelance contributors, staff, and leadership
- Keep track of content performance via analytics products and community engagement to interface with data team and monitor performance
- Ensure that the team is working together effectively and efficiently.
- Establish an effective internal communications strategy for the international team.
- Support Editor-In-Chief with content curation, delivery and editing responsibilities.
- Understand our audience and their requirements to constantly improve our products and service.
- Editing articles according to the house style and editorial policies before final approvals
- Assisting with article ideation and filtering through pitches
- Adjusting staff writer workload and assigning pieces accordingly
- Manage a good understanding of SEO for Google search rankings
- Management of editorial calendar with oversight from Editor-in-Chief
- Overseeing the delivery of visual and social media assets
- Keeping on top of moving, flexible deadlines for website content
- Work closely with Editor-In-Chief and senior editorial staff to ensure the Editorial team successfully delivers on strategic goals.
- Embrace a data-driven culture within the team to inform decision-making and drive innovation, establishing an analytics model that can be used for years to come.
- Play a key role in helping the team deliver the editorial strategy.
- Our passion is our profession.
- We are independent and we support independence.
- We support local scenes.
- We treat dance music as an art form.
- We champion the values of acceptance that underpin dance music culture.
- We care about the past, present and future of electronic music.
- We choose honesty over gain.
- We're always front left.