Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Over the past several years Dolby Atmos has revolutionized the auditory experience of premium storytelling in film and television, enabling consumers to enjoy immersive audio experiences across various living room, PC and mobile devices. As we look to expand the reach and success of Dolby Atmos globally, we are looking to hire a Business Manager to support the development and execution of a multi-year content and distribution strategy that sees Dolby Atmos proliferate across various categories of content (film, tv, music, gaming and podcasts) and in emerging technologies.
We are looking for someone with a passion for content, and experience working in the entertainment and media industry. The ideal candidate follows the latest media trends and understands the ongoing evolution of the entertainment industry. A deep understanding of audio technologies is not required, although a willingness to learn and seek answers is a must.
- Support the development of strategic analysis and long-term planning for the Dolby Atmos content ecosystem in relevant territories
- Identify and develop resources or tools in collaboration with commercial partnerships and marketing that allows us to best evangelize a relevant value proposition with content distributors and creators
- Work cross functionally with product and engineering teams to identify and drive resolution when necessary for technical gaps preventing us from executing on the content strategy
- Support the device team in selling Dolby Atmos to device OEMs by crafting and helping communicate the Dolby Atmos content ecosystem value proposition
- Collaborate and build positive relationships with key internal partners, actively working with commercial partnerships, marketing, content solutions and playback to ensure the success of a healthy Dolby Atmos content ecosystem
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop insights that will inform partner prioritization, product and solutions roadmaps, and broader strategic initiatives across the organization
- Conduct local market research, track and compile industry trends.
- Track the development of the Dolby Atmos content ecosystem (services and content), and incorporate that data set into the value proposition that needs to be communicated back to content distributors, content creators and device OEMs
- Love of content and storytelling
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited college or university
- 3-5 years of overall work experience in entertainment and media
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in delivering results in a cross-functional team setting, strong work ethic and a highly detail focused attitude
- Ability to identify and gain the support of internal stakeholders across an organization to assemble, drive and motivate virtual teams to achieve results
*This position can be based in either Burbank or SF