Hello and welcome to DAYBREAKER! We are a global morning dance community of 500K+ and growing and we wake up and dance 💃🏽 in the most iconic locations around the world (top of the World Trade Center, Sydney Opera House, Smithsonian museum, the White House and so many more). While the city sleeps, we break the day ☀️ with energy and intention with a community of adventure-seekers, mischief makers, and collective joy enthusiasts.
We are a Brooklyn-based family. Three best friends (wife/husband (we met on the dance floor at Daybreaker early on!) and college best friend (and our now 2 year old daughter 👶)) are leading this dance movement with a tiny but mighty team. We are looking for more than just epic skills and experience - we are looking for a mindset and orientation focused on kindness, service, optimism and joy. No need to apply if you have an entitled, complain-y, gossipy attitude pls! We're here to do IMPORTANT work of getting more people to dance, play, have fun, connect, make friends and come home to their self-expression — especially post pandemic.
The ideal candidate for this role should have strong communication and creative writing skills, with professional experience in communications and marketing. We are looking for someone with a quick wit, a sense of humor, endless curiosity, and relevant experience in copywriting and marketing. Bonus points if A/B split testing gets you pumped and creating “must-open” subject lines are your thing. You are a patient and diligent team player who can work effectively with remote team members. You are hardworking, organized, and not too cool to get your hands dirty.
This is a paid full-time role. You'll report directly to the Daybreaker leadership, working closely with a savvy, tight-knit, creative, and energetic team in Brooklyn, NYC. Remote is an option in this brave new world.
A MUST READ: "THE COPYWRITER'S HANDBOOK"
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to Daybreaker brand voice guidelines and continue to shape and evolve the brand voice across all communications, marketing and storytelling touch points, including email, web, ads, social media and SMS text. Responsibilities include:
- Create intelligent, funny, unique, and inspiring email invitations and thank you’s for all of our Daybreaker LIVE and Daybreaker IRL events.
- Write all member communications for D.O.S.E. by Daybreaker, including weekly Monday roundup, event invitations and email flows (welcome flow, happiness quiz flows, mailing list flow, etc.)
- Write global email announcements to the community about updates and launches.
- Write copy for landing/conversion pages on daybreaker.com and dose.daybreaker.com
- Write scripts for instructors and talent to follow during on-demand classes and LIVE events
- Write press releases for D.O.S.E. by Daybreaker updates and exciting partnership activations
- Write and manage all text, social, and paid campaigns
- Write exciting event copy and publish web pages for all Daybreaker events across Eventbrite, daybreaker.com and dose.daybreaker.com
- Support the Partnerships team on proposal/deck building and partner recap decks.
- Develop and activate the strategic Instagram plan for @dybrkr and @dance to build community following, engagement and increase ticket sale + membership conversion and work with social media team to execute.
- Work directly with COO Tim Patch to create an intelligent testing strategy for Daybreaker emails. This includes testing timing, audience segmentation, from lines, subject lines, and content styles.
- Manage our email campaign sending/delivery process: Create, design and edit emails in Klaviyo, our email delivery platform. Monitor metrics and adapt strategy accordingly.
- Set communications timelines for partnership events
- [Once back IRL] Help to manage our team of producers as it relates to Daybreaker event communications.
- YOU //
- Copywriting is your jam
- You can easily adapt to our distinct brand voice that is witty, fun & smart milennial-minded
- You are not afraid to run with imagination and inspiration, and say yes to your own ideas, without judgement
- You are excited to get inventive and bring to the table new ideas, new email formats, etc. to better inspire our community to wake up and dance!
- Typos. Who you? Nevah! (well extremely rarely. I mean, accidents happen from time to time.)
- You are a Grammar snob (when you see mistakes between "your" and "you're" you quietly wonder how this could be...)
- You are super social media savvy
- You are fast, efficient and LOVE to stay busy
- You have a bachelor's degree or above
- Experience with an email delivery system such as Klaviyo is a must
- Experience using analytics tools or digital marketing tools is a PLUS
- You have the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize your workload
- You have a big heart, a clear mind, and a voracious appetite for all things that surprise and delight
- You show up with joy and a positive attitude on Zoom calls with the team
- You love the idea of joining a team that brings people together, creates transformative experiences, and spreads more love and mischief in the world
- Salary: Competitive based on experience
- Annual team trips (2019 team travel included Cuba, Berlin, as well as US cities)
- Health insurance including vision and dental
- Matching 401k plan
- 2X iconic NYC Daybreaker events per month
- Dance often with frequent invites to other happenings in NYC and abroad
- Work directly with the CEO / Co-Founder, Radha Agrawal, as a mentor and leader of all creative direction
- Bonus: We pay for your Burning Man ticket ✌️
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.