Music starts at Splice. As a collection of artists, producers, creators and collaborators, Splice sweats every detail involved in the creative process. From our expansive library of content, to the tools we provide, to our company work culture, we’re constantly evolving towards being the best advocates for our artists and employees. If you work at Splice you’ll be asked, “what does music mean to you?” That’s because music is at the core of everything we do. It’s why we hire trailblazers to help us solve problems, navigate uncharted territory, and change the industry for the better. It’s why we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and collaborate with to ensure that we’re growing towards a more inclusive and open minded reality. And it’s why we hold ourselves accountable for our part in shaping music creation.
About the role:
You’re a music culture connoisseur. It's in your bones. As Director of Music Culture Marketing you’ll bring our artists, their stories, and Splice’s campaign initiatives to life across our marketing and product channels. You'll be an essential bridge between Splice’s Artists and Splice’s Marketing department. You'll have straight line reporting to the VP of Marketing and dotted line reporting to the VP of A&R (Artist Team). If you have a deep well of knowledge about the music industry, music culture and more specifically hip hop culture, then this is exactly where you’re supposed to be.
Duties include managing campaign budgets, overseeing creation and development of marketing assets, evaluating consumer data, maintaining strong relationships with artists, their teams, and industry partners to drive successful cross-media campaigns to grow the Splice platform.
- Manage and grow an existing team of artist marketers
- Contribute to the vision of how artist and industry marketing works on Splice vs. off Splice
- Utilize artist partnerships & devise artist marketing campaigns that drive business growth
- Manage our artist and industry marketing budget
- Guide the development of performance analyses and reporting as it relates to artist marketing initiatives
- Provide a strategic lens and direction on execution of Artist programs
- Manage day-to-day workflow and resource bandwidth; drive cross-functional alignment across internal and external teams required to achieve the team’s long- and short-term objectives and key results
- Partner with internal and external partners on larger pack releases, creative and strategic opportunities to grow the Splice brand, grounded in artist, music, content and culture
- 5-7+ years experience as a marketer at a relevant brand, platform, agency, or publisher, ideally in roles that were music- and content-focused
- Strong knowledge of the global music industry and cultural trends in the marketplace
- A solid understanding of the modern artist and audience development process
- Knowledge of current music marketing campaigns, including digital innovations and digital marketing and promotion opportunities
- Experience working with artists, managers and industry partners
- Team management / leadership experience is a must
- You possess strong communication, writing and leadership skills, and have led complex cross functional teams
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with occasional ambiguity and you’re a team player, willing to pitch in whenever needed
- You are highly organized and pay careful attention to detail
- You are creative and constantly ideating on how to uniquely bring marketing campaigns to life
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.