Based: Los Angeles or New York, US
YMU Group is a leading management and professional services company based out of the UK and US. Our mission is to bring added success to everyone who deals with us – both talent and industry clients. We aim to create the circumstances where talented people can build their reputation, influence and success.
We work courageously and persistently with elite talent and clients who represent the best in the industry. We provide a portfolio of services to a wide range of professionals consisting of leaders in entertainment, film, music, radio, television and sport, including athletes, authors, digital influencers, media rights holders, musicians, producers and TV personalities
We strive to be the best company to work for, and are constantly looking for ways to improve on every level, from providing excellent services to our clients, to staff satisfaction, to diversity and inclusion, mental health and wellbeing
Our core values:
- We are client first: The Group’s entire purpose and DNA is centered around serving our clients first and foremost.
- We are collaborative: We are the many not the few. Clients can access breadth and scale of our service.
- We are curious: Our clients expect us to be progressive, innovative and informed.
- We are egoless: Team is at the core of everything that we do, and the strength of the team is in the collective, not the individual.
- We are courageous: We are clear about who we are even when that can be deemed as controversial.
- Define and lead the creative marketing strategy for clients in the US Music Division.
- Work with artist management teams to develop and execute marketing and sales strategies for music releases, touring, live streams, merchandise and more.
- Direct a team of marketing managers to implement creative marketing strategies across our artist base, optimize department processes, and ensure successful campaign creation and execution across all social platforms including Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Develop and execute tour marketing plans
- Manage and cultivate relationships with brands, startups, apps and marketing agencies in order to bring marketing opportunities to our clients.
- Build and maintain relationships between the company and music digital service providers such as Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Amazon, Deezer, Tidal, and Soundcloud etc. In addition, help our clients and staff understand the current streaming landscape and prepare us for changes in the near future
- Develop and execute innovative marketing campaigns including social media, SEO, email/text, web development, data-capture, and advertising to aid in building awareness and growing a fan base around an artist. Identify new opportunities for artists at DSPs and digital partners and help to coordinate pitches and strategies for pursuing these opportunities.
- Manage and maintain relationships with artists’ labels and coordinate overall streaming and marketing strategies.
- Analyze streaming data and advise company regarding strategy and opportunities.
- Help artists and staff to understand the current landscape as it pertains to social platforms and DSPs and prepare for changes in the near and distant future.
- Coordinate all internal departmental efforts (creative, digital marketing, sales, etc.) leading up to, and throughout to ensure proper execution of overall marketing plan to drive fan engagement campaigns and music consumption opportunities.
- Oversee timelines of project needs and key dates with all departments and coordinate the efforts to meet all deadlines.
- Analyze results of marketing efforts as well as any other appropriate contextual market conditions; identify key opportunities and communicate these to the team
- Effectively manage marketing and advertising budgets for assigned projects
- Oversee and coordinate the creation of tools needed for marketing, sales and advertising campaigns.
- Represent the music division at marketing conferences.
- Oversee digital/social platform relationships, ensuring that all projects are meeting or exceeding industry performance standards, emerging techniques are dispersed through staff.
- Secure strategic marketing placements and opportunities with outside partners to widen the exposure for the artist and/or release.
- 5+ years professional experience in digital marketing including relationships with key DSPs, brands/agencies, and social platforms.
- Experience with tour marketing
- Experience creating and supporting integrated digital marketing, social media campaigns, and engagement events as well as developing full cycle reveal-to launch and post-launch strategies for artists.
- Appetite for all things marketing, digital, and social including developing innovative campaigns, leveraging the newest tech across platforms, and a desire to identify opportunities for strategic client involvement.
- Understanding of client strategy and ability to write strategic marketing briefs and persuasive POVs to develop engaging campaigns.
- Detail oriented. This position requires someone who can build plans and presentations.
- Experience leading a team and working with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of management, as well as third party agencies and content partners.
- A proactive mindset, strong work ethic, and ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team leads
What we Offer
We offer a wide variety of benefits including:
- Colleagues Incentive Scheme
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance 2 x Salary
- 401k after 12 months of service
- Unlimited holiday
- Access to flexible working conditions
YM&U Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to protected diversity characteristics such as race/ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All successful job applications are subject to referencing and background checks.