Based: Beverly Hills, CA
Reports to: US Finance Director
About the Group
We are a leading management and professional services company based out of the UK and US. YMU provides a portfolio of services to a wide range of clients consisting of leaders in entertainment, film, music, radio, television and sport, including athletes, authors, digital influencers, media rights holders, musicians, producers, TV personalities and voiceover artists.
Our core values:
- We are client first: The Group’s entire purpose and DNA is centered around serving our clients first and foremost.
- We are collaborative: We are the many not the few. Clients can access breadth and scale of our service.
- We are curious: Our clients expect us to be progressive, innovative and informed.
- We are egoless: Team is at the core of everything that we do, and the strength of the team is in the collective, not the individual.
- We are courageous: We are clear about who we are even when that can be deemed as controversial
About the job
At YMU, finances are the fuel that keeps our company moving. We’re looking for a qualified staff accountant with payroll experience to keep our company and clients’ numbers and budgets on track with unwavering accuracy. The position will require 30% of your time spent on Payroll functions and 70% of Accounting/Finance requirements. The most successful people will have a natural passion for math, and a strong understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, payroll processing, 401k transactions and other financial functions within an organization. He or she will play an enormously important supportive role, keeping our company and clients’ financial outlook bright with precision and proactive measures.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for …
- Performs mid-level general ledger account reconciliations, verify accuracy of data, and report, identify, and correct errors made by both internal and external personnel.
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts.
- Assists in providing schedules and commentary with respects to operating maintenance accounts results and variances, and with the production of working capital, cash-flow reports, as well as applicable commentary.
- Maintain and update records and reports for profit and loss, taxes, liabilities, and assets.
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Prepare and ensure timely process of Monthly and Semi-Monthly payroll for salaried and hourly employees. Calculate and process final check for exiting employees.
- Responsible for providing payroll figures and payroll reports to the accounting department. Assists with financial audits related to pay records.
- Responsible for maintaining and processing wage garnishments.
- Assists in processing year-end reports and reconcile W2 information for accuracy.
- Assists staff with general questions related to payroll, accruals, wage deductions, benefit deductions, and other pay related issues.
- Partners with HR and assists with maintenance of 401k, manages updates, changes and benefits deductions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Other accounting and payroll duties as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance
- 2 years accounting experience preferred
- 2 years of payroll experience preferred
- Ability to develop and or processes
- Ability and willingness to keep maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge in GAAP accounting principles and procedures
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize efficiently
- Experience with Paychex, Paylocity and ADP systems preferred
What we offer
We offer a wide variety of benefits including:
- Unlimited vacation time
- Access to flexible working conditions – we believe with performance comes freedom
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits at competitive rates
- Annual Bonus scheme
- FOND employee benefit platform
YM&U Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to protected diversity characteristics such as race/ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All successful job applications are subject to referencing and background checks.