Meow Wolf creates immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences of all ages into fantastic realms of story and exploration. This includes art installations, video and music production, and extended reality content.
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Come as you are!
Compensation for this role is $55,000 - $75,000 and is based on experience.
Benefits & Perks:
• Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package and many perks, including:
• Medical Insurance Options: PPO & HSA
• Dental & Vision Insurance
• Company Paid Life Insurance Policy & Long-Term Disability Coverage
• Voluntary Short-Term Disability & Critical Illness Policies
• Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Parental Leave for 6 weeks
• Discount off Meow Wolf Gift Shop Merch
• Free admission to Meow Wolf attractions for employees and guests
• 401k Retirement Plan – Begins on the first of the month following 90 days of employment
• And more benefits specific to the location of the role
The Denver Program & Outreach Manager will be responsible for community engagement, developing and implementing programs, and impact driven content creation. This position will serve as the primary point of contact for community partners, including non-profit organizations, government agencies, and businesses who want to collaborate with Meow Wolf Denver. As a Denver Manager, this position will serve as a company representative internally and externally for events, meetings, and the press. As part of the marketing team, the Program & Outreach Manager will create content, experiences, and upsell opportunities that align with our brand and community partners. Responsibilities also include supporting the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Division and the Denver exhibition to ensure safe and efficient operations. This individual must be able to direct multiple projects simultaneously, managing all elements, including approved budgets and coordinating guests and team members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws. Must work well in a collaborative environment with other managers, supervisors, leads, and team members. Reports directly to Denver Director of Marketing & Sales.
- Serve as primary liaison between Meow Wolf Denver and community partners
- For programming and outreach events, manage labor, productivity, and quality control as established and set for the Operations Division and the site specifically while ensuring all proper safety measures are in place
- Facilitate cross-department coordination to identify community partnership opportunities and develop programming content for groups, special events and seasonal programming including upsells, VIP offerings, activations
- Partner with Operations, Human Resources and Leadership in the development of operational programming around Guest Services, community partners and accessibility
- Oversees the development, execution and delivery of group, special and seasonal events in partnership with the Denver Events Team
- Oversees the development, execution, management, and delivery of all outreach elements including, but not limited to festivals, off-site programming, job fair, partner program, and diversity programs
- Develop, manage, and partner with Meow Wolf’s lines of businesses to incorporate strategic community partnerships
- Analyzes group and customer feedback internal and online reviews to develop and enhance future programming as well as suggesting ways to improve ratings
- Create and produce impact driven marketing content focused on community storytelling
- Maintain knowledge of events, special programs and projects and communicates them to the staff
- Models and enforces company policies and procedures to ensure safe, secure and legal workplace operations
- Fulfill all Manager on Duty duties, skills, and knowledge, including the ability to perform any role within the guest services area
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage staff
- Good judgment in difficult and complicated management situations
- Ability to maintain an appropriate, dispassionate demeanor in emergencies, difficult customer interactions, and interactions with personnel
- Follow and enforce safety rules
- Adaptable to changes in a fast-paced work environment
- Project Management
- Program Development
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Leadership skills along with the ability to motivate a team into high performance
- Minimum 5 years management experience in non-profit, government, museum, hospitality, or entertainment environments
- Strong knowledge of Denver Metro Area communities and partnerships
- Proven work experience as a Guest Services Manager, Special Event Manager or similar role
- Proven work with community engagement and outreach in diverse communities
- Strong service skills and welcoming demeanor required
- Strong marketing acumen creating and producing content
- Experience in curriculum and program development
- An interest in the arts and creativity
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Experience training staff and identifying training needs
- Prior work experience in a retail, museum, park, recreation facility, or other public space
- Adult + Child + Infant CPR, AED, and First Aid certification
- Hidden talents that can be employed as part of the persona including singing, dancing, magic, comedy, conversationalist, impersonator or otherwise
Desired Characteristics and Qualities for all Team Members:
- Embrace and exemplify Meow Wolf Culture
- Be enthusiastic about work and creating a transcendental guest experience
- Listen and communicate with compassion and positivity
- Demonstrate flexibility and a receptiveness to change
- Maintain professional courtesy and behavior at all times
- Be a “People Person” - friendly, understanding, compassionate, positive
- Willing to work outside comfort zone to assist guests or fellow team members
This position works primarily in an indoor setting with exposure to noisy environments, dim lighting, strong visual effects including strobing lights, special effects, fog machines and small and/or enclosed spaces.
This is a full-time position with a flexible schedule which includes weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.
This position does require supervisory responsibility.
Travel throughout the Denver metro area and occasional travel out of state may be required for this position.