At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games New York is seeking a Music Marketing Manager to lead, develop and implement innovative and effective strategic marketing plans for our music offerings. The Music Marketing Manager will serve as the principal liaison between all internal departments, international offices, and external distributor and music partners to aid in the execution of global music marketing campaigns
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Marketing Team develops and executes all go-to-market campaigns and persistent Online games programming across Rockstar Games’ suite of titles and music releases.
- We are responsible for leading the strategic planning and creative execution for all facets of promoting and selling our titles including creative video and static asset development, product packaging, social media, events, partnerships, promotions, retail, soundtracks, and much more.
- We are the key gatekeepers of the Rockstar Game brand, ensuring brand guidelines are adhered to across all channels and overseeing all extensions of the Rockstar Games brand through all consumer touchpoints.
- We work closely with teams across all of publishing and the worldwide development studios to ensure seamless execution of plans internally, in our game titles, and throughout the world, including the always on marketing of our Online game titles, Grand Theft Auto Online and Red Dead Online.
- Work with all internal departments and external distributors, music labels, PR teams, and artists to effectively and creatively plan and execute compelling marketing campaigns around all Rockstar music releases.
- Build and maintain relationships with all major DSPs and related music brands.
- Identify, strategize, and present new opportunities for our music releases and individual featured music artists at DSPs and with other digital partners.
- In conjunction with our partners, coordinate and facilitate set up of digital releases including developing key art, metadata, and final audio files.
- Work with our internal and external creative teams to design, develop, and release physical music offerings.
- Coordinate with internal and external creative departments on development and delivery of videos, art, and packaging assets as well as broadcast, online, and printed advertising materials.
- Work hand-in-hand with internal and external media teams to develop the strategy and execute paid media campaigns to support our marketing initiatives.
- Create detailed reports of all marketing work on individual campaigns, to ensure that all results are communicated to internal and external partners.
- Work with internal and external sales / retail teams to coordinate and confirm a strong DSP and physical retail plan to drive consumption including streams, pre-orders, pre-saves, and sales.
- Analyze data including social media and sales data to best plan and manage campaigns, and optimize ROI.
- Look for new, innovative ways to market and promote our music releases.
- Collaborate with community managers and social media teams on public-facing messaging and partnership programs.
- Maintain and update asset approval schedules.
- Create and maintain campaign budgets.
- Be the expert on the competitive and music industry landscape.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of professional experience in product / marketing management within the music industry.
- A passion for gaming and music, with a strong knowledge and interest in pop culture and the Rockstar Games brand.
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven capability to work autonomously, demonstrating the ability to make impactful decisions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task across an eclectic variety of projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with internal peers and management as well as vendors and outside agencies.
- A strong passion for a wide variety of music artists and genres along with knowledge of how to speak to their fanbases.
- Creative thinker with the skills to analyze marketing challenges and performance data to develop effective marketing solutions.
- Proven experience working with DSP partners to develop strategies and marketing ideas that directly affect music playlisting and charting.
- Overall drive and ability to push projects through to completion.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Resourcefulness to create impactful campaigns regardless of budget constraints.
- Current awareness and understanding of digital media platforms and trends.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.