NBHD Group is a company network established to encompass Neighbourhood's full range of services and activity across its core capabilities; Communications, Insight, Strategy, Creative and Live.
We are a group of companies powering the people, ideas and businesses that are re-defining popular culture with a creative purpose. At its core Neighbourhood is an International Public Relations Company providing bespoke global campaigns and media representation to all areas of the music industry and beyond. Our cross-platform services cover press relations, print and online editorial for both new talents & industry leaders. We provide media representation to all areas of the music industry from emerging breakthrough artists and independents to major labels Sony Music, Warner and Universal Music.
We are seeking a PA to the Managing Director / Accounts Administrator.
This is initially a remote part-time role but will be assessed after 3 months.
The Managing Director will rely heavily on the jobholder, trusting that work will be handled effectively and efficiently in his absence. Discretion and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes of this role.
Reporting to: Managing Director / Finance Director.
Job Role & Description
- Provide full administrative and secretarial support at a senior level to the Managing Director to ensure the smooth management of day to day affairs and most effective use of time.
- Support the Finance Director and accounts team with day to day business accounting activities. This includes issuing contracts, raising, sending and paying invoices, reconciling company ledgers and chasing late payments.
- Provide day-to-day first point of contact for ad-hoc accounts queries and various business affairs.
- Handle often sensitive and complex issues in a professional and objective manner; taking initiative as appropriate especially in the MD absence.
- Manage electronic diary, assessing the priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary.
- Making appointments on behalf of the MD with internal and external stakeholders and clients.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns; consulting with MD in determining the appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Work closely and effectively with the MD to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments, responsibilities and workflow.
- Ensure the MD is fully briefed on, or prepared for engagements he is involved in; produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations where required including timely and accurate minutes of internal and other meetings.
- Manage MD’s travel arrangements (including accommodation); occasionally travelling with MD to take notes at meetings or to provide general assistance during business trips.
- Provide a bridge for clear communication and maintain credibility, trust and support between the wider teams.
Required Skills & Desired Experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment, understanding of Word & Excel is imperative.
- Experience in bookkeeping or accounts administration with SAGE preferred.
- Strong and accurate numeracy with the ability to demonstrate keen attention to detail.
- Highly organised.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of the Music, Culture and Lifestyle sector with a keen interest in the landscape of media and communications.
- A strong passion for music and appreciation for a wide variety of genres.
- Willingness to share general knowledge and experience with other members of the team and Initiate team efforts outside of designated workflow.
- Desire to drive Neighbourhood’s growing position and strong reputation.
- Uphold Neighbourhood’s company profile, values, and attention to detail at all times.
In addition to competitive salary we also provide the following:
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Birthday day off!
- 10 Days Paid Annual Volunteering Opportunity
- Escape Days (Mental Health & Wellbeing Initiative)
- Corporate-rate financial products & free advice.
- Various Retail & Leisure Discounts